DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: VELVET MCINTYRE

RIPPA

Y'all thought I was going to pick Finlay didn't ya?

God the great lost female worker of the late 80s/early 90s. God Bless her doing a tour of Japan.

Velvet vs. a non-angry grandma milfy Devil Masami

http://youtu.be/jQDawV83DTU

And here she is in 1996. Ignore the usual crowd nonsense that comes with a handheld

I have a working theory. It is that Judy Martin was actually really good. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMm31IYzuLY

This is from Southwest and would give further credence to that theory. Especially great was the short reverse back elbow but Martin's cutoffs are well done and almost all of her stuff looks nasty. Velvet, to her credit, shows good early fire and then has super solid body language throughout. We don't really get a comeback, just a flash pin here, but I imagine this built up to an even better live show run.

There's a Wendi Richter and Joyce Grable vs Velvet Mcintyre and Judy Martin spotfest that I think should have made the low end of the AWA set, certainly over the Martel match that made it on.

I THINK it's this one:

But I don't have time to check right now.

Sadly Youtube don't seem to have the third match anymore, that almost broke down into a shoot between Bull and Velvet.

From the results I've seen, Bull/Dump worked Velvet twice (match posted plus they faced Velvet/Linda Gonzalez) and worked a squash match vs Susan Starr/Candice Pardee. Same shows that Chigusa/Asuka worked 3 WWF matches vs Martin/Christianello, Kai/Black Venus, and Kai/Penny Mitchell. Naturally they didn't hold Bull/Dump vs Chigusa/Asuka in the WWF. I'm guessing certain 28yr long women champions had a say in not bringing Bull/Dump/Chigusa/Asuka back for a second tour in the 1980s

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Edwin

and i've said it before on here, but Gorilla Monsoon really did a fine job with Nakano/Matsumoto. By fine job, I mean he decided to try burying them both

Lord Alfred Hayes does them no better than Gorilla.