DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I believe them when they say it won't go 'pay to win' they just seem all over the place with what they can charge for and how much they plan on charging.

Some of (all of?) the first batch of emotes they released are now drops in the nightfall. I'd be pretty pissed if I brought what was supposedly silver exclusive items only to get them to drop for free a month later just by playing the game.

I've still got no intention of picking up any silver, in fact I only just finished spending the free silver they have us at the start a few days ago.

Right now I'm happy to fire the game up every few weeks for whatever the limited time event is and for the Iron Banner.

Nighfall strikes are pretty useless for players well above 300+ Light so you may as well do something to entice players to brave them and Bungie has released Silver content.  No harm, no foul.

I see this in the same way as I see the sample kiosks at Sam's Club that give you a taste of the items du jour.  If you like the way the wasabi ginger salmon tastes, buy some for dinner.

I wouldn't be pissed if I saw someone getting a free emote that I paid for.  I would, OTOH, be VERY pissed off if I saw in-game ultra rare items like the Crux of Crota or the Fate of All Fools on sale for Silver or if Bungie worked a deal to sell Sony exclusive content early to Xbox customers in exchange for Silver while everyone else waited for the appropriate update.

That fits the definition of Pay to Win.

Yeah, this is basically them milking stupid people for money, which I am totally cool with.

If a newbie like me that isn't that good at FPSes to begin with can level up to 30 inside a week, it's not that hard. :)

Btw - I approved someone's membership request this morning that had been sitting there for like a week

That was me.  Thanks!

Thought i was getting pretty good at Sparrow racing. I knocked off 5 seconds from my PB on Venus today and did a 4.17. I got destroyed. The guy who won did a 4.02. I have no idea where i could knock off an extra 5 seconds a lap. I looked online at the scores and the guy who beat me is 51st in the world, the world record being 3.53. What the fuck?

I am sitting in the top 5% of the world which sounds nice until i noticed that still means i'm ranked 49,480.

I'm terrible at Sparrow Racing, but I do like that the sparrows can be used in regular missions.  Plunked a few free bucks down on some Silver and got a Legendary sparrow for MOAR SPEED and to dodge and stuff. 

Still nailing down my play style - I was all about the Hand Cannon forever till I just started using the Pulse and Scout Rifles more.  And I keep reading to use Shotguns more but I prefer having the ranged ability that a Sniper Rifle can give me.  As far as special ammo, give me Rocket Launcher or give me death.

I took myself off as admin after the Xbone migration.

We hadn't had any new members in a while and I'm not sure that anyone uses the group forum to any large extent anyway. 

I also didn't expect Mis's hiatus to become near permanent or for Fresh to bail completely after like two weeks after launch. 

Looks like there was a stealth patch.  SRL is no longer being compiled with PvP stats in spite of the fact that you get Crucible credit for competing in races.  I imagine that the hardcore Crucible set got annoyed by their Combat Ratings being artificially devalued because they are crap racers.

Glad I finished the 'kills with The Last Word' portion of the Jolly Holliday bounty last week then. Not that I've don't anything since then. I imagine I'll get the shotgun portion done over the next Iron Banner. I wonder how it will effect 3 of Coin usage. If they only pop on a first place win then that's 50% of the reasons people were playing SRL gone. Hopefully it's just Crucible stats they've taken away and not the whole 'just playing counts as a win'. Strangely enough, my Crucible standings have probably improved since SRL, I'm a hell of a lot better at that than regular Crucible.

Speaking of IB, it's on the 29th. Sparrow racing finishes with the reset and Iron Banner starts some time later that day (usually around 10am Bungie time and 5pm my time). It's Control again, which I'm a but disappointed with, I enjoyed Clash a lot more. It's much easier to play with randoms on Clash than it is in Control.

Saladin will be selling boots, the helm, auto rifle and shotgun. For some reason the end game drops are helms and class items, not boots. I'm guessing it's because of the playstation exclusive gear which will also be a helm and class item.

I guess I will play a little SRL this weekend then since I will be gone from the 23rd - 29th and I am not taking my One with me.

I wonder if they are going to do like they do with IB and every time they bring back SRL, reset your reputation

The format going back to Control is a horrible decision, but I wonder if it is more "fan driven" or more by the fact that the stats for the IB: Clash did not translate properly (data updated your Clash stats instead of your Iron Banner stats) and the whole 2500 bounty thing? 

Is it that hard to make the database adjustments needed to migrate the stats properly and adjust the point criteria for one bounty, or is the Bungie staff just that lazy?

I've achieved what i set out to with the SRL. The mythical 320 helm finally dropped. Along with 2 319s, a 318 and a whole bunch in the lower teens. Also got a 319 class item, i'll take a 320 if it drops but not enough to grind for one whole extra light. For some reason the class items have a much lower drop rate than the helms, i'd have thought it would be the other way around. I was getting a helm every 3-4 races but probably every 10 for a class item.

Anyway, i should be able to be 310 with nothing but Iron Banner gear when I've infused everything. No tactical advantage to that, it just looks better than the other gear.

Can someone explain the infusing to me?  Is it at level 40?

Basically you are taking a higher leveled item and putting into a lower level item

So basically if you have 280 shotgun with great perks - you can infuse something into to raise the attack of the 280 shotgun

I can't remember if you have to be 40 for it to unlock

A guide that might be handy

or if you are a visual learner

Man, living with roommates sucks sometimes. I haven't been able to get on and play Destiny for about a week now. I was running SRL races with my Warlock, but I need to get some for my Hunter and Titan too. LAME.

When exactly does it end? I might be able to force some time this week.