DVDVR Message Board

WWE turning popular heels into intolerable babyfaces

Regarding New Day, Big E just needs to get away from Kofi and Xavier Woods. I am convinced that Big E has legit main-eventer star power, but his weird millennial charisma and sense of humor (which I'm going to guess is heavily influenced by [adult swim] and Homestar Runner and stuff like that based on his videos and some of his tweets) is probably not something Vince McMahon gets.

Big E is sort of like Roman in that way; they are both totally miscast in terms of what their personalities are and it hurts them because it comes off as inauthentic. Roman was on with the Bombcast guys and was cool as hell. He's genuinely likable, but whatever Vince McMahon's vision for being a viable face is just strips all that away. 

• Like 1

I expect that the shit over here in N. Charleston will have New Day turning face again, aborting that hint of a heel turn they had last week.

I'm not one to believe in conspiracies ... but the New Day heel turns and events of police racial violence are awfully correlated.

Not that WWE has a track record to suggest they wouldn't do something stupid, but it is totally possible to turn New Day without making it about race. Right now, they're turning on the tried and true premise that being nice and trying to make the fans happy isn't getting them anywhere. They aren't talking about "being held down" like they were before Ferguson.

Also, holy shit, how fucking sad is it that all the year+ old posts about the impending struggles for Roman Reigns were dead on? Will WWE ever learn?

What makes a popular heel and what makes a popular face are too different things. Even Sandman and Steve Austin had to slightly alter their characters to turn face. Austin started pandering to the crowd with "hell yeahs" and Sandman stopped being as snaking and a more straight forward brawler. 

Problem with WWE now is they alter them too much.

I think New Day should be an evil cult. Or like Bender when he found religion.

What makes a popular heel and what makes a popular face are too different things. Even Sandman and Steve Austin had to slightly alter their characters to turn face. Austin started pandering to the crowd with "hell yeahs" and Sandman stopped being as snaking and a more straight forward brawler.

Problem with WWE now is they alter them too much.

I think New Day should be an evil cult. Or like Bender when he found religion.

WWE needs another evil cult since the last one they had is now just a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt that talks to himself.