DVDVR Message Board

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill (04/13/2024) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Moicano is out of his goddamn mind.

"I'm starting a podcast...My first guest will be JOE ROGAN AND YOU CANNOT REFUSE."

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Compare Moicano's promo to the crickets Bobby Green got. You're going to get more of this feeling tonight, I gurantee it.

The UFC, and I'm not trying to be hyperbolic, is an actively facist entity. Joe Rogan is a huge component.

11 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Compare Moicano's promo to the crickets Bobby Green got.

People cheered for Bobby Green saying he went from no house to four houses, and that's after he beat a guy everyone wanted to see win.

Woof.

I know it's a 42 year old Holly, but is Raquel Pennington or Julia Pena capable of handling that shit? Kayla Harrison is fucking huge.

10 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Woof.

I know it's a 42 year old Holly, but is Raquel Pennington or Julia Pena capable of handling that shit? Kayla Harrison is fucking huge.

Pena and Pennington are extremely durable (see the times they fought Amanda Nunes) and Pacheco gave Harrison trouble just off resistance. However, that's a tough ask if she can just throw you with ease.

Like I said (and to be fair, Holm as well before this fight), Rousey and Harrison are different fighters. Judo and not being the best strikers are the only connection. Other than that, Ronda was going for the same technique and getting it. Working with ATT, Harrison as you could see is a lot more versatile. She's not going to be frustrated like Ronda upon one missed attempt to get the fight down to the ground and blindly just go straight in at you. I think that's what exacerbated Ronda's lack of striking acumen being exposed. Ronda's athleticism was tied to her agility and pliability. Not really strength. Kayla is a goddamn Sherman tank. Tad bit different.

Raally interested in this Sterling/Kattar fight. Calvin might be the guy Max beat up, but he's also the guy who came back from that to beat the brakes off of Giga Chikadze. Not an easy matchup for Aljo at all.

Jeez, Calvin was underwater from the opening bell.

Ortega vs. Sterling as a possible title eliminator would be cool.

• Like 1

If you showed someone Jiří Procházka's fights who had never watched MMA, they would think they were fixed.

He is absurd.

• Haha 3

Hello y'all. Cody Garbrandt didn't get KO'd but lost by submission. Dominance by Kayla Harrison on Holly Holm and the 26th win by KO for Jiri Procházka, 29 of his 30 wins by finish with 3 submissions. Now that's a finisher. 

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Can see a split decision in Charles Oliveira vs. Arman Tsarukyan. Be interesting to see the scoring.

Called it. Arman takes the split decision. Shame it wasn't five rounds.

Edited by The Natural

It might be because he's my favorite fighter of all time - but that was one of the greatest moments I've ever witnessed in the history fighting.

• Like 2