DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/13 - 3/19/2024 - Takin' Care of Business

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There was a clip that floated into my FB feed of KOR working in New Japan. It was a tag with Tanahashi. Tana kicked him in the head and he started waving and wobbling around, Tana started imitating him in mockery, before KOR kicked him back and they both fell down. It was set to some kinda dance music and was so stupid and funny I had to watch it like three times. 

He had some hilarious sells in NXT, I remember one where he got all Fighting Spirit~!! just to collapse backwards and fall out of the ring before he could do a single move or strike. 🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I really enjoyed this week's edition, but agree with some of the criticism re: pacing, repeat slugfests, and the like. Loved Danielson/Shibata just aaaaalmost flirting with the line of 'gross.' I don't think it was anyone's MOTN but it was f'n awesome to see Lance Archer back (I think for the first time since the last big TX loop? Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

• Like 3

I don’t think I remembered to mention it earlier, but the Toni-Mariah tag also had the brilliant, very intentional moment where Toni tags Mariah in to score the pinball after hitting Storm Zero. It was well presented by both.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JLowe said:

Who the hell did BCC piss off to have to feud with the fucking Righteous and Archer (who has kinda sucked for a while now). Not in the tag tournament and having to see for the team that MJF beat singlehandedly. Also why is Yuta suddenly gone?

Cope looked like he was going to blow an artery near the end of his promo, he was turning purple. Also thought he had cut himself with Spike when he first put it to his temple (and maybe he should’ve to really get it across). Spike is a very Canadian name, for all those DeGrassi junior high fans.

Wednesday is once again practically a PPV with the live Rampage after Dynamite. Really excited for both women’s tag matches, Kingston-Okada, and the I Quit match.

Yuta was another injury disappearance.

Love the Degrassi reference. Melanie is my favourite BTW. Love how she says ‘Axe-cellent’ thru her braces. 

So stoked to feel the live energy again tomorrow. And see Okada deliver that incredible drop kick. Pretty thrilled with this whole card. Especially Mariah/Toni going to war with Deonna/Toni. I get this feeling the Doctor might be in, and could  have something to say to the CEO. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Yuta was another injury disappearance.

Love the Degrassi reference. Melanie is my favourite BTW. Love how she says ‘Axe-cellent’ thru her braces. 

So stoked to feel the live energy again tomorrow. And see Okada deliver that incredible drop kick. Pretty thrilled with this whole card. Especially Mariah/Toni going to war with Deonna/Toni. I get this feeling the Doctor might be in, and could  have something to say to the CEO. 

Enjoy, mate. Ditto for, Infinit. Please give an additional cheer to Kazuchika Okada for me through you. Cheers as I have Kazuchika Okada in my top five Greatest Wrestlers of All Time.

• Thanks 1

Matt D's review of Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata. AEW Collison, 16th March 2024 inspired me to do mine. I'm not nearly as good as his though:

Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata was a dream match of mine which I never thought would have happened due to the head injuries sending both into retirement. Danielson in WWE, February 2016 and Shibata in NJPW, April 2017. It's amazing both came back, Danielson in WWE, March 2018 and Shibata in NJPW, October 2021. Danielson vs. Shibata is a match I still wanted to see but with trepidation. I love Bryan Danielson, he's the Greatest of All Time but I fucking hate when he does the diving headbutts but especially the shoot headbutts. Shibata was even worse with his shoot headbutts which almost killed him in a ***** classic vs. Kazuchika Omega at NJPW Sakura Genesis 2017. What I liked about the match is the similar offences, the running dropkicks to the outside and inside the ring. I did wince at the slap exchanges with the documented head injuries of both. My favourite thing was the ending, both exchanged flash pin attempts into a Lebell Lock which Shibata countered into a pin attempt but Danielson reversed into a crucifix for the win. I watched the match back liking even more and I was high on it live. Great match!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1