DVDVR Message Board

King of the Hill is the best animated show ever

Fat Spanish Waiter

Goddamn it, Cotton noooooooo.

I like that he went out respecting his old enemy and managed to fit the term "Tojo whomping sticks" in it.

I was distraught. I also think it was a mistake, even if it lead to another really good episode. 

Have to agree. Although the fact that he never went out begging for forgiveness or pansying out is a surprisingly ace twist. At this point I still can't believe they cancelled this show. Everything I've read suggests that the only reason they cancelled it was because they got the Cleveland Show, which I enjoyed, but it isn't a valid reason. Fucking MacFarlane.

Yeah, I grew to love Cleveland Show. But then Fox ended up cancelling that too. 

Sometimes I think the animated line up runs too smoothly and Fox feels the need to whip their dicks out and pull power plays. 

Also KOTH dodged cancellation at least three times. Every time Fox figured out the show did good ratings no matter where it was placed on the schedule. 

I always loved how with Cotton he never gave an inch. But you could see these tiny cracks in him, where you can see the regrets he has. But he refuses to show any remorse. 

I think that was a banner episode for Peggy. When it counted she came thru for Hank. 

What's the recommended amount of pocket sand, I carry around 2 handfuls is that enough?

It's tough in today's world. A cellphone and carkeys can really limit you. I'd say a handful per pocket to prevent any awkward reaches if one arm is incapacitated. But I may not be the expert.

On that note, Dale working at Hooters was amazing too. I just... how could they cancel this? It's the end of season 12 and even Peggy's episodes are good. And Peggy is probably bottom of the soon-to-be-released FSW KOTH Power Rankings.

• Like 1

Does anybody else find it strange that Hank drinks grapefruit juice?  I would think a big Texan like him would think that's the sort of thing that people from New York City drink.  I mean... he considers Macaroni & Cheese to be a vegetable.

Does anybody else find it strange that Hank drinks grapefruit juice?  I would think a big Texan like him would think that's the sort of thing that people from New York City drink.  I mean... he considers Macaroni & Cheese to be a vegetable.

I dunno, grapefruit juice seems like the kind of 50s-era health regimen that Hank would take to heart.

I knew a kid in 9th grade who carried pocket dirt. He was a weird but mouthy little D&D/Magic the Gathering kinda kid. Nobody really picked on him but he got into altercations quite a bit b/c he antagonized people and I remember he carried around a bag of dirt in his pocket to throw at someone in case he got into a fight. He was about to get into a fight with a kid when we were changing after gym class once and he went for his pocket dirt but was stopped by the gym teacher who (keep in mind this was in the early 90's) told him to fight like a man.

• Like 3

The episode where Dale sends Joseph to the private school to be their quarterback was on last night.

"Our Joseph could have his name on something better than a bench. Like a stadium or a country. Think of it Nancy! Josephistan!"

Sorta off-topic, but why is Fox so scared to put cartoons on any other night but Sunday? It amazes me that they're getting rid of the absolutely amazing "American Dad," pushing it off to purgatory, I mean TBS, so they can try another animated show in its place.

If they wanted to, they could've kept "King of the Hill," "Cleveland Show" and "Futurama" just by putting some of the cartoons in a regular 30-minute slot like any ol' sitcom. I guess they're expensive to make, at least more expensive than "American Idol," but I guarantee there's been more DVD sales of the cartoons than anything "Idol"-related. Not to mention the syndication.

The Power Rankings~!

1) Cotton Hill - could it be anyone else? He was the funniest character, and the moments where you realise how much he cares about Bobby are fantastic.

2) Dale Gribble - everything about Dale is great. Pocket sand! Sha-Sha!

3) Hank Hill - Hank's stiffness was the perfect foil for all the idiots and their terrible schemes. His relationship with Bobby was the highlight of the show.

4) Bobby Hill - the finale was all about Bobby, and it was tremendous. Choked me up a little. His innocence is the driving force of the show.

5) Kahn - An anagram of Hank (haha) and so hilarious. At his best when he has one line in an episode.

6) Boomhauer - dangolcantcomplainaboutboomhauerman, dangollovedthescenewherehespeaksnormallyandeveryoneelsetalksweird

7) Luanne Platter - grew the most of any character, and she was the funniest.

8) Lucky Kleinschmidt - didn't start off a big fan, but the simple hillbilly way of living was a fun take on Hank.

9) Bill Dauterive - if he ever got one, legitimate, unarguable win, I'd like him more. He was too stupid for the show IMO.

10) Peggy Hill - fuck Peggy Hill.

Bill is far too low, his wins are his fleeting respites from misery.

I noticed the other day. When there's a close up shot of Peggy - which they do quite a lot when she's panicky and/or trying to manipulate someone - I feel really quite claustrophobic and cornered for a second. I think I've been watching it too much.