DVDVR Message Board

RIP DEAN RASMUSSEN

RIPPA

Oh jeez, this was sad news to find out about after popping back in here for the first time in months. I still fondly remember Teddy Long's peanut head from the Smackdown Comix. HOLLA HOLLA

Like others have said in here, it was nice to get a thanks or an encouraging comment from him on a post, and I remember when there was briefly a Euro promotions folder here, I started a thread posting updates from the Irish scene and he posted a reply saying "This right here is why I'm glad I created this folder". I never kept up with it, but that was very nice. 

He seemed like a great guy and I can't remember him ever getting into wars of words with other posters. He just focused on the fun aspects of wrestling.

Condolences to those who knew him well.

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

Oh man.

I wasn't even aware that DEAN~! passed away. 😞

It's crazy that his writings on the old forum was what brought me to this site while I was still in high school.

His exquisite musical taste got me turned on to a lot of bands - Roxy Music, Joy Division, The Gun Club, The Cramps, The Posies, I could go on.

One thing that struck me about Dean's writings with wrestling matches is how well they describe what happened or at least things that stick out in a match.

I'll definitely miss him.

• Like 6