DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 1/18/2023!

DEAN

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

WBD blocking a tribute to Jay while allowing something on the air right after it that had all the redeeming social value of Bumfights. 

This. A man apologized for his past comments and has died in terrible circumstances yet Dana White's concussion on delivery slap fest makes air from the man who slapped his wife. Bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, christopher.annino said:

Bandito is OVER. Awesome fucking match. 

Kinda miffed there wasn't more about Jay tbh. A 10-bell salute would've been appropriate, I think 🤷🏻

Edit: considering some of the shitty online discourse I've seen in the MINUTES since the show ended, I wanted to clarify that my frustration is with whichever Warner exec dweeb refused to let Jay be on their cable TV. 

One thing that's been bothering me. We can't get a ten bell salute but they are happy to trot out Mike Tyson who's a convicted rapist and admitted wife batter along with having Snoop all over their programing despite multiple sexual assault lawsuits  

Anyway other than that great show.

Main was exactly the type of wrestling I like to see, Jay Lethal is always solid and I like that they acknowledged their previous match , on of the better Bucks matches for me and The Dragon can do no wrong, glad the course corrected with the alignment of the women 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 4:58 AM, J.T. said:

What an amazing two hours of pro wrestling!  It just flew by!  Bandido / Danielson was pretty fucking awesome.  I like Cage but after Danileson's match with Bandido, The Swoleverine being the next rung on American Dragon's ladder climb to greatness feels a bit anticlimactic.

get ready for Brian Cage's greatest ever match, I'm really looking forward to see what The Dragon can get out of him

On 1/19/2023 at 7:19 AM, Doc Townsend said:

I’d be surprised if most of the audience knew who Jay Briscoe was.  Unless casual fans really don’t exist and the AEW audience is almost entirely hardcore internet fans.  Which wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m a little skeptical of the “AEW wouldn’t allow it” thing until I see it backed up somewhere legitimate.  To be honest, I don’t think a tribute show is called for here. 

Honestly I think the casual fan is less and less of a thing due to how plugged into to everything everyone is due to the internet. Random guys from Japan get huge reactions

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:50 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

What's bad is I'm having a hard time figuring out who best matches up with R.O.B the Robot.  They kind of nerfed it on Switch but previously you could fly around and avoid everything as long as you wanted with the Up+Special.  Which is why it's hard to pinpoint as focusing on that aspect of R.O.B. that could be many a sneaky heel who doesn't want to get into it.  Maybe The Gunns?

Damn, now I want to get my wife into this as I'm sure she'll have lots to say about it all.  Too bad despite past invites she hasn't gotten around to joining.  I blame all the Discord servers she's joined the past year or so.

MJF making his opponents go through extended rigmarole every feud

• Like 1

Was thinking about the JAS promo where Jericho called his team with Garcia "garciacho" when Jeri-Garcia was right there. 

Also want Sammy to keep giving Garcia gear until he has a full demolition gimp outfit.

• Haha 3