DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

6 hours ago, EVA said:

Billy Napier has removed his name from consideration at Auburn.  Probably wasn’t one of their top candidates at this point.

Welp.  According to Cole Cubelic, he was *offered* the job and turned it down.  Yikes.

Also, Steve Sarkisian is signing a new deal worth a reported $3 million to stay at Alabama, soles of the board for Auburn, too.

Latest reports have UAB’s Bill Clark entering the chat.  (I think he would be good.  Has had absurd success at UAB.)

Edited by EVA

Man, this Auburn search is wild.  Almost as soon as Bill Clark entered the conversation, he was out.

Word is that the decision makers at Auburn are trying to put a lot of stipulations on their new hire (one of them being keeping Kevin Steele as DC), and all the candidates are balking at it.  They may just end up with Steele as HC by process of elimination, which is probably what some of them want anyway.

Auburn is definitley not handling this search like they’re the best job available.

13 hours ago, EVA said:

Latest reports have UAB’s Bill Clark entering the chat.  (I think he would be good.  Has had absurd success at UAB.)

That's including a two-year hiatus when they blew up the football program, no less.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EVA said:

It had to be done, but Michigan has way bigger problems than Brown.

Like, I’m amazed that Gattis hasn’t been let go yet either.

They need to let the whole staff go.  

Wow, that coaching search really went off the rails.  I mean, he’s a fine coach, but he was not even in the discussion until, well, right about now.

Looking forward to all the Auburn fans who have toed the SEC party line about Boise not actually being any good for he past, oh, 15 years now suddenly talk up how great Harsin is.

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

That’s a weird one.  Should’ve gone with the Ken Niumatalolo

Folks around here insist that Coach Ken doesn't want to leave Navy (with the possible exception of the Hawaii job)