DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] TV TAPED PRE TAKEOVER (Assume 2/1/17)

RIPPA

Since who knows if this will all air next week or what

Dark Match: 

- Wolfgang defeated Aaron Solow in a squash match after hitting a moonsault. Wolfgang was from the UK tournament

TV Taping:

- Ember Moon defeated Aliyah with the Eclipse (off the top stunner) in a short match. Moon is originally from Dallas, so she got a nice reaction.

- WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate defeated Oney Lorcan with the Tyler Driver '97 (sit-out double underhook powerbomb). Bate's airplane spin was over with the crowd, getting them to chant to 10.

- No Way Jose defeated Elias "The Drifter" Samson after hitting the fastball punch. Samson was the only person to get a good heel reaction this far while Jose was loved as he cut off Samson's pre-match promo. 

Other Notes:

- On the pre-show, it was announced that Nigel Mcguinness will take over for Corey Graves on the NXT announce desk after tonight.

I'm already missing the Corey and Young Boy Tom duo.

(NXT Kid cameo! Damnit, bring that back!!!)

Great troll sendoff with having the Drifter main event too. (What would be fantastic is if he debuted on RAW.)

(Man, I would love a podcast with Corey and Young Boy Tom in persona just shooting the breeze.)

I howled with laughter when Drifter came out and Corey complaining about his sendoff calling this match.  Really enjoyed his gratitude to Jose for beating him.  What sealed it was Tom asking if he had final thoughts about the Drifter and Corey said "Nope".  I love Nigel on commentary but he has mighty big shoes to fill.

For the rest of the show I enjoyed Ember/Aaliyah.  Aaliyah is still clumsy but she looked better in parts.  Tyler Bate thankfully got a good reaction and with more exposure can be a star in his own right.

52 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I howled with laughter when Drifter came out and Corey complaining about his sendoff calling this match.  Really enjoyed his gratitude to Jose for beating him.  What sealed it was Tom asking if he had final thoughts about the Drifter and Corey said "Nope".  I love Nigel on commentary but he has mighty big shoes to fill.

When he said he gave a homeless person $20 for not being The Drifter I legitimately laughed out loud.  I love that The Drifter is such a heel, even the heel announcer hated him.  

• Like 2

That Corey Graves sendoff was really great.  Even more impressive when you consider he really isn't going anywhere. He's just not going to as many places.  And man, Corey has gotten so good as an announcer, he looks so totally wrong in retrospect as a wrestler.  Like this was his calling all along.  

And can we fuck off with this "Wow, wasn't Takeover amazing?  Oh yeah, I had a GOOD TIME after the show!" announcer talk  when you've already admitted you're in the exact same building as Takeover and it's clearly the pre-show?