DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: DIRTY WHITE BOY (Tony Anthony)

RIPPA

Len Denton was the other DWB, right?

Actually, I think the the confusion is that young-er Tony Anthony was a Grappler in Mid South, Memphis and Central States in the early-80's with Denton.

So while Denton was not a DWB, Anthony was a tag partner of his for a short spell.

• Like 1

I'm sad Matt doesn't like babyface Dirty White Boy. I'm a much bigger fan of his babyface run than heel run.

Also there were Four Dirty White Boy tag teams. Three in 1990 alone. Porteau was the first one:

Jimmy Powell was the second. He only lasted a couple of weeks and was a guy from Georgia.

Tom Burton was the last one.

My favorite Dirty White Boy angle besides the one with Prichard is this:

I'll try to find them later but two things from SMW.

One is DWB doing an interview from "New York City" that I'd it was at his house, DWB was living in Central Park.

The other was setting up a chain match with Landell where Tony talks about his preparations of the chain so that infection would set in after it would bust you open.

*EDIT* Here's DWB setting up the chain match with Smothers while in Central Park (most likely Jim Cornette's yard)

http://youtu.be/fT2PAa17Iu4?t=2m23s

I'm sad Matt doesn't like babyface Dirty White Boy. I'm a much bigger fan of his babyface run than heel run.

I've never thought Anthony was even a tiny bit likable as a babyface.  As babyface charisma goes, he's barely above Lita's-potential-rapist Kane for me.

Just the idea feels wrong.  Babyface DWB should only reside on the Bizarro world and visit our planet once every six years.

I think Denton was Anthony's original DWB partner:

Two things from this:

1)  Is it manditory that everyone do the Fabulous Ones point in Memphis music video promos?

2) Despite the song saying that they  "Don't drive no big black car", they are in a big black car.