DVDVR Message Board

Chris Benoit

MORELOCK

Between some definitive expert trying to explain Benoit's murder motives in the Talk Is Jericho thread and tromataker's painfully unfunny joke in the banning thread, I am growing a bit weary of it all.

At the risk of being labelled a "carelord," is there some way that we can reign in some of this potentially explosive chatter? Some sort of line in the sand that could be drawn? It's not like it's discussion of his matches or the effect of the murders on WWE Network programming, it's just unnecessary.

At the risk of being labelled a "carelord," is there some way that we can reign in some of this potentially explosive chatter? Some sort of line in the sand that could be drawn? It's not like it's discussion of his matches or the effect of the murders on WWE Network programming, it's just unnecessary.

Do you have an actually suggestion for that line, or is it just whatever doesn't make you lose your wood and become unable to fap over pro wrestling?

Do you have an actually suggestion for that line, or is it just whatever doesn't make you lose your wood and become unable to fap over pro wrestling?

I started a thread in this section of the board (rather than derailing another thread, since the RIJ thread is going in that direction as we speak) so we could discuss just that - at what point do you think it will be out of hand? Do the "Benoit was framed" people have to show up again?

ETA: I thought I made it clear that my suggestion for the line was somewhere between "talking about Benoit matches and the murders' effect on WWE programming" and "stupid jokes and theorizing what Benoit was thinking as he murdered his wife and child," my apologies if I didn't communicate that.

I started a thread in this section of the board (rather than derailing another thread, since the RIJ thread is going in that direction as we speak) so we could discuss just that - at what point do you think it will be out of hand? Do the "Benoit was framed" people have to show up again?

I'm okay with a level of trolling that falls short of inducing homicidal rage.

People (not necessarily on the board, but in life in general) often make references to serial killers and other horrific acts in history in a joking manner. Hell, South Park had a whole episode dedicated to Charlie Manson. Most of the time, people don't bat an eyelid. It doesn't mean that people condone these actions or have forgotten about them... it's just kinda how things work. It's not like anyone is saying that what Benoit did was justified or wasn't a big deal. Let's not get carried away here.

This sets a fucked up precedent that I've seen destroy message boards, but hey, sorry if I offended you, Morelock.  I had no idea what was going on in the Talk is Jericho thread since I hadn't read it.

Thanks for the support, Fallacy.

Not to get into a big thing, but I agree with tromotaker. It gets under my skin when people around here tell others what they are allowed to talk about. Mods and Admins can obviously do it, everyone else just needs to learn to skip over messages if they don't want anything to do with it.