DVDVR Message Board

NHL/Sochi - February 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Man, did Kunitz walk under every ladder and break every mirror on his way to Sochi? Dude can't get a break.

And based on his play, I can't dispute Babcock breaking him and Sid up but as a Pens fan I can tell you for some strange reason it's hard to play on Sid's wing. It takes awhile to adjust to the speed he plays at. No surprise they're on the third different line combo for him.

Now I believe this means you will be eliminated by us in the semi-finals.

You guys had to struggle and claw to win a game today against a team without any useful Centers. Might not be the right time to start bragging.

Assuming the obvious team wins in each of the qualification games, the Quarters will look something like this

Sweden/Slovenia (they've played well enough to assume they beat the Austrians)

Finland/Russia

Canada/Switzerland

US/Czechozlovakia offshoot that kills itself slightly more to beat there arch rival.

No team has really looked like they should be an obvious favorite: Sure, on paper Canada should be, but outside of Doughty I'm not sure how many players on them have really played great in these Olympics.

I do think it's interesting that the Canadians drew the Swiss. That Swiss team scared the hell out of me as an American, and with Canada's offense being so bleh right now, I'd be concerned if I were them as well.

You guys had to struggle and claw to win a game today against a team without any useful Centers. Might not be the right time to start bragging.

Anton Belov blatantly outplayed every defenseman on your team so I'd be careful with those stones.

Small sample sizes are the best.

Finnish games are stressful as fuck. They let you have the puck as much as you want, but sit 4 guys in front of the goaltender, preventing any good chances. Wasn't surprised it went to OT, but I'm glad it didn't make it to the shootout, who wants to risk winning and losing on a figurative coin flip?

Canada's defense is ridiculously sick. Next time we should just bring 15 d-men and stick some of them up front.

Anton Belov blatantly outplayed every defenseman on your team so I'd be careful with those stones.

Small sample sizes are the best.

All of our teams are good, c'mon guys, the Olympics are about love. :)

• Like 1