DVDVR Message Board

X-Men '97 (Disney+ Series SPOILER THREAD)

Casey

My thoughts on Beau DeMayo. DeMayo has a real knack for X-Men but if he's allegedly abusive to people, that takes precedence for me over the good work he's done. Treat people as you'd like to be. It's more important than the quality of a show.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 1:50 PM, Matt D said:

Going back through ep 5 with the 11 year old. Did people notice the Watcher in the stars before everything went down? 

X-Men characters are rumored to be in the next season of What If, so it makes sense. I think Storm specifically, if I’m remembering right?

Well "Bright Eyes" is likely the closest we are getting to Rogue rampaging through the S.H.I.EL.D. Helicarrier.

Alas, no Suzi B was used at all, still cameos galore and a Hulk namedrop

James

That was a good follow up to episode 5. Was kind of surprised to see no Xavier or Storm show up though I suspect things will get worse before that happens.

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

BIG SPOILER for Tolerance is Extinction - Part 1.

Reveal hidden contents

SPIDER-MAN!!!

I'm marking out, bro!!!

SPOILER ALERT:

This is the best Marvel thing they’ve ever put on D+, and that’s including Loki. Just cancel the MCU and transition to animation only. This shit is fantastic.

Summers Family superhero landing gave me goosebumps, man.

I want all of the 90s cartoons to get revivals. Even F4, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Hulk… but especially Spider-Man.

Oh, and…

MAGNETO WAS RIGHT

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

Loved the latest episode.

Spoiler

The Summers family trip was great. Loved Logan & Kurt defending the mansion. That teleport scene in particular was awesome. The cameos were so nice to see and make me wonder if we ever get anything more like the Wolverine/Cap episode from the original series. In general I just like the acknowledgement of other heroes and situations existing. Also dug all of the scenes with Cooper and Magneto.

Really curious to see where it all goes since I think they are pulling from multiple stories and combing facets of them.

• Like 2