DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

Here is everything in the upcoming patch

Spoiler

Everything in the Starfield 1.8.83 update:

Gameplay

Added the ability to eat the food placed in the world

Adjusted stealth to be a bit more forgiving.

Fixed an issue where Andreja’s head would stay permanently cloaked.

Fixed an issue that could prevent players from firing their weapons.

Fixed issues where some NPC could be seen not wearing clothes.

Fixed an issue where already in-progress skill challenges could stop progressing after reaching the Unity and starting a new game.

Fixed an issue that could temporarily prevent opening the inventory or saving after entering the Unity.

PC: Fixed an issue where mouse movement could be choppy.

Fixed a rare issue that could cause the home ship to be lost.

Fixed an issue where the ship services technician might be missing.

Graphics

Addressed an issue with how ambient occlusion appeared in ultrawide resolutions.

Optimized initial shader compilation that occurs on start-up.

Added the ability to adjust Brightness and Contrast in the Display Settings menu.

Added the ability to adjust HDR Brightness provided that the system supports it. (Xbox & Windows 11 only).

Addressed a number of materials that could sometimes present an unintended pattern under certain conditions.

Fixed various visual issues related to the new FOV slider options.

Improved the appearance of the eyes on crowd characters.

Addressed a number of minor visual issues related to lighting, shadows, terrain, and vegetation.

Quests

All That Money Can Buy: Fixed a rare issue where players couldn’t sit during the negotiation with Musgrove.

Blast Zone: Fixed an issue where the hard rocks that need to be cleared out by players will not appear on Ngodup Tate’s land.

Echoes of the Past: Fixed an issue where the Grylloba Queen could sometimes not be reachable during the objective “Secure the Shuttle Bay”.

Eye of the Storm: Fixed an issue where players’ quest progression could potentially be blocked due to a missing docking prompt.

Grunt Work: Addressed an issue where progress could appear blocked if “Supra et Ultra” was completed while returning to the Lodge during “High Price to Pay”.

No Sudden Moves: Fixed an issue that could prevent the entrance door to the Scow ship from being opened again.

Operation Starseed: Fixed an issue where the key that is needed to exit the facility could sometimes not be present.

Sabotage: Fixed an issue where David Barron could potentially not be found by players.

Short Sighted: Fixed an issue where players could rarely become control-locked while speaking with Vladimir.

The Heart of Mars: Fixed an issue where players might not be able to mine The Heart of Mars.

None of the quests being fixed are bugged for me so that makes me sad.

But all the naked people should be clothed again

Narrowly avoided a game breaking bug last night

Spoilers due to it being associated with late game main quests

Spoiler

So I finish the memorial service for Sarah and leave the Lodge and the gives me messages that Sarah Morgan is now available to be assigned and that Sarah Morgan is my active companion

Umm....

So I look around and see that no one followed me out of the Lodge. I fast travel to my ship and everyone is there so I am thinking I am good. Walk up to Andreja and ask her to follow me. And nothing happens. Same with Sam and Barrett.

Shit

A quick Google tells me that other people have had this problem and that the only way to fix it is to do a quest that requires you take some as your companion (like Barrett's mission). Problem is I am already done all of them.

Shit

Buried in the comments someone goes - go try Vasco, that worked for me. So back to the Lodge and Thank Fuck Vasco could follow me (though I had to assign him to somewhere that wasn't the Lodge). Then with him as my active companion I was able to switch to Andreja.

Not sure if it is specific to that character but I was about to have a Dragon Age 2 rage incident

I should hit the endgame with my Martian Snake Cult guy within the next few days on my gaming laptop playthrough.

Now that I finally have a sense of what not to do, i can go through my Paragon run on the X/S and unlock more achievements. 

I will miss the mods though.  Managing character inventory was a breeze and it was nice to make a character with red eyes who didn't act like a moron whenever someone talked about Cydonia.

Starfield has won the Golden Joystick award for XBox Game of the Year.

To be fair, its closest competition IMO was Hi-Fi Rush.... which probably should've won.

Also, it appears that the fish-eyed stares you receive from all Citizens has been fixed in the Steam beta and might be added to the upcoming patch.

Edited by J.T.

I will be finishing in the next couple of hours and definitely won’t have done all the temples

And you can definitely finish without them all since apparently a lot of folks missed the Barrett one

Yeah, I guess that’s the one I missed, since I could never do Barrett’s storyline. 

Once I finish editing the podcast,Will prob move on to a new NG+ today. Maybe I will get a different universe.  I still have the one saved from last week. 

I started NG+ and on my first trip to a new system, I get caught between a fight between a FC ship and a bunch of low level pirates. I accidentally shot at the babyface ship, so when I landed in Akila City, I got arrested even though I paid the $500 bounty. Very annoying. 

The game is clearly being generous where it puts my final temples

I am jumping my way towards the final destination I have just happened to "discover" two temples along the way

Rolled the credits

Learning that apparently in NG+ - you can choose to not do the main storyline again makes it more likely I will revisit

But yeah - I am definitely putting this aside for awhile. I got other shit to do.

Another odd thing about this NG+ playthrough: Vladimir doesn’t want my survey data. 

I finally brought Sarah as my companion to get the first artifact. I stumbled into a Crimson Fleet/UC dogfight and when I started shouting the pirates, she wigged out and apparently got so mad, she wouldn’t go on the mission with me until I apologized, which I didn’t realize until halfway through gett8 g the artifact. 

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I finally brought Sarah as my companion to get the first artifact. I stumbled into a Crimson Fleet/UC dogfight and when I started shouting the pirates, she wigged out and apparently got so mad, she wouldn’t go on the mission with me until I apologized, which I didn’t realize until halfway through gett8 g the artifact. 

Sounds like you hit a UC ship - even if you didn't realize it

Usually - even if you apologize the companion will still rage quit and not want to be your companion anymore so you might be screwed unless you have a save to go back to

So that is where Ricardo Bosch has been hiding for the last seventy game hours.... 

Fuck me..  Another fetchit...

To add to that, I really should've checked inside the House of the Enlightened earlier my the game when I was going around being the Well's premier Samaritan.

Edited by J.T.