DVDVR Message Board

MMA Live Event Discussion Thread, Summer/Fall 2023

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

that is a pretty great card for a Fight Night. 

There is always one or two decent end of the year cards mostly cause they have to fulfill contractual obligations.

55 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is always one or two decent end of the year cards mostly cause they have to fulfill contractual obligations.

in that case, i probably make a similar remark each year but never made a connection. don't know if i'll be home to watch tomorrow night, but i guess we'll see.

• Like 1

I’m here at UFC Fight Night Austin. Fight between Bellato and Potierria was nuts. Ihor knocked down Trator bad and was not missing on all his ground and pound from guard but got gassed elbowing the dude in the face for like a minute straight and so Trator got back to his feet, caught a kick and more or less fell into mount and did the old rapid fire Ip Man punches to the face for the finish. When asked how he survived Trator said he didn’t remember. 5 stars would highly recommend 

If you have an armbar or triangle choke that's really not tight, how hard is it to just let go when someone picks you up all the way off the ground? You don't exactly have to be Rhodes Scholar to figure that part out.

9 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you have an armbar or triangle choke that's really not tight, how hard is it to just let go when someone picks you up all the way off the ground? You don't exactly have to be Rhodes Scholar to figure that part out.

It happened in the Hardy fight! For the last fight Cody did trap at least one of the legs so letting go would’ve been more difficult. The real trip is when they step up to lift you got to grab the leg of the lifter and turn the angle on the triangle to get it really tight and hard to lift. 
but then again I have been drinking and it’s been a minute since I was on the mats

24 minutes ago, twiztor said:

While DC, Bisping, and the lead announcer are doing their start of the show talk, they're playing the old UFC theme "face the pain" in the arena. that song brings back the memories of UFC Unleashed.

I’m here too!

I once dreamed of a fighter coming out to a lavishly-produced, Frank Sinatra + Antonio Morelli Las Vegas-to-the-bone crooner cover of "Taste The Pain". That nasty discordant tritone is equally the realm of nu-metal and West Side Story, y'know. I still think of what that song's hook could be with a big, brassy band behind it, only to bring it down and swing on the verses.

Dana White reads the boards. Book it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

39 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I’m here too!

sorry, i'm not in the arena, it showed through on camera. what's funny is that i changed what i typed once before i hit 'post' because i thought it made me sound like i was live in person. guess i didn't do a very good job of revision. 😆

i don't know if that song normally makes air (my attention is usually diverted and/or i'm too drunk by the main card start to pay attention) but i popped.

25 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I once dreamed of a fighter coming out to a lavishly-produced, Frank Sinatra + Antonio Morelli Las Vegas-to-the-bone crooner cover of "Taste The Pain".

dear AI overlords....