DVDVR Message Board

What show should I binge next and why?

BrianS81177

What show should I binge next?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these series should I binge watch next?

• Mad Men
    • Better Call Saul
    • Breaking Bad
    • Sons Of Anarchy
    • Archer
    • Boardwalk Empire
    • True Detective
    • Westworld
    • The Man In The High Castle

Ok, I finished Breaking Bad. They definitely left Jesse's fate kind of wide open. I enjoyed watching Walt complete his heel turn and I'm glad they resisted the urge to have Skyler take him back and forgive him. 

There's one show that didn't even make your cut that I would still say is the best TV show I've ever seen, and it's not that close.

Rectify.

There are a lot of (now) familiar faces on there, as the cast has since starred in a fair number of other big TV shows.  But I've never seen a show that had such a complete, well-done set of character arcs for everyone who mattered.  There are only two things I would say are even remotely wrong with it - really, just one.  The big mystery at the center of what happened gets sort of a cheap, unearned resolution at one stage that feels like a letdown compared to how tightly wound the writing is otherwise.  The other thing is that the show is an emotional sledgehammer at times, and getting through it is not an easy process.  But it's short, only 40 episodes in total over I think 4 seasons.

• Thanks 1