DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 10/28/21: The Moose Era Begins

Love the chaos everywhere, great opening segment. Kaze Ni Nare~! Looking forward to Moose champ with everyone gunning for the title. Trey/Rocky was a super solid match and first X defense for Trey. Rachael/Tasha was a fun short match from two of my favorites. The IInspiration remain as great as ever in their backstage bit. 

The KISS Demon is the best unexpected return in ever. Love that it wasn't just a one off BFG appearance, full time signing please. Fun Madison/Mickie promo segment, reminded me of their good ones from 10 years ago. Sad that Deonna didn't make it the full year as champ, she was so close. Very good main event, thought for sure Sabin was going over. Next week looks good

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: VSK (w/ Brian Myers & Zicky Dice) def. Sam Beale (7:00) after an implant DDT. After the match, Myers looked to beat up Beale until Rich Swann & Willie Mack made the save.

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 28, 2021 from Las Vegas, NV

*New Impact Worlds Champion Moose opened the show. Eddie Edwards immediately interrupted for a brawl until security broke it up and took Eddie to the back. Moose returned to the ring to continue with his promo.  Moose talked about doing a lot of bad things to get where he is today. Moose said the Impact title makes him the greatest champion in the sport, regardless of how Elite you are or what Tribe you're a chief to. Moose said it doesn't matter if you're the Boss, The Man, a woman, a King or Queen. Moose said it doesn't matter what day you win the title or you could add a New Day to the week, but he's still the greatest champion in all of pro wrestling. Moose said to imagine what he's capable of doing now to keep the title. Josh Alexander ran out and attacked Moose from behind until Moose escaped through the crowd. Minoru Suzuki then arrived and got in to a fight with Alexander that had to be separated by security.

*Trey Miguel(c) def. Rocky Romero (12:41) after Meteora to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Steve Maclin attacked Trey and said that Trey hasn't beaten him. 

*Rachael Ellering (w/ Jordynne Grace) def. Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) (5:12) with a backslide

*Heath (w/ Rhino) vs. Joe Doering (w/ Eric Young & Deaner) went to a no contest.. (3:16) when Rhino and Deaner brawled in to the ring. After the match, Young revealed he is healed from injury and helped Deaner & Doering beat down Rhino & Heath.

*New Impact Knockouts Champ Mickie James came to the ring for a promo. Mickie put over Bound for Glory and said Deonna gave her the best match she's had. Mickie knows Deonna has a rematch but said no one has seen or heard from her since BFG. Mickie brought up seeing the rest of the talent in the division and says she welcomes the opportunity. Madison Rayne (w/ Kaleb with a K) interrupted. Madison talked about not getting the credit the other knockout greats do. Madison talked about Mickie leaving while she stayed all this time. Madison challenged Mickie to a title match next week which she accepted. Kaleb got in Mickie's face so she slapped him. 

*Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) def. Chris Sabin (17:52) with the Fold after Fulton interfered.

Edited by DreamBroken

Three good matches this week if you count the BTI match.  I dig Sam Beale as a babyface and VSK is the Bobby Fish of IMPACT.  The Romero/Miguel match was good.  Ace Austin/Chris Sabin was really good.  Chris Sabin is the Bryan Danielson of IMPACT.  VBD is the Team Tazz of IMPACT.  Mickey James is the CM Punk of IMPACT.  Maybe I've gone too far.  I await Josh Alexander versus Minoru Suzuki- it will be the Danielson/Suzuki of IMPACT.  Goddammit...  Anyway, good little episode.

• Like 3

I only just found out Moose is world champion, because get this: Matt Striker's hyperbolic commentary and fake tears after Josh's win actually made me turn off the ppv in disgust before Moose came out ?. Talk about actively hurting your product ?.

• Haha 1

Trey Miguel and Rocky Romero tore the house down with their match. Crowd got super into it, they gave it a good amount of time, Romero controlled the pace like a true veteran, and Trey looked super solid in his 1st defense. A lot of innovative stuff here from both, but Rocky reversing that Meteora into the single crab was seamless. I'd love to Rocky regularly appear in impact. I think he fits in well there.

The IInspiration debuting with a "Mean Girl" gimmick makes sense. Impact is the cradle of life for that gimmick with females. They looked good as always.

• Like 4