Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion


Jiji
 Share

Recommended Posts

Suwama ate a hamburger but it tasted like fruit, anyway he was inspired watching Smackdown and the fans cheering, and hope the fans can be unshackled soon. Suwama aims for the ultimate 5 Crown match again this time with better crowd reactions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Hopefully Kota gets his belt back someday. 

I think Kota Ibushi will get a longer run at some point. NJPW would be stupid to do another title change so soon when Takagi defends against Ibushi. Honestly, I'd pull Ibushi from Wrestle Grand Slam to give him the time to feel better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Purolove

AJPW "SUMMER ACTION SERIES 2021", 07/22/2021 (AJPW.tv)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

- Ryoma Tsukamoto Debut Match : Takao Omori, Osamu Nishimura & Ryuji Hijikata vs. Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Ryoma Tsukamoto
- Ryuki Honda & Dan Tamura vs. Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO
- AJPW TV Six Man Tag Team Title : TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama (c) vs. Yoshitatsu, Seigo Tachibana & Carbell Ito
- Atsushi Aoki Memorial Match : Suwama, Hikaru Sato & King Tani vs. Yuma Aoyagi, Takuya Wada & SUSHI
-All Asia Tag Team Title : Zeus & Izanagi (c) vs. T-Hawk & El Lindaman 
- AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title : Francesco Akira (c) vs. SUGI
- Kento Miyahara vs. Koji Iwamoto
- Triple Crown : Jake Lee ( c) vs. Shotaro Ashino

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking to see if Lee-Ashino can deliver in a big spot. The All Asia titles and Jr title also should be fun. Iwamoto also has a chance to produce a fun match with Miyahara as he continues as an "openweight".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the AJPW show was really good. Ashino looked good in defeat and I didn't think he was winning here. I think he could win the TC at some point in the next year or two. It's just Lee's time and I thought this was probably meant to be Ishikawa losing here.  AJPW is one of the few promotions where the heavyweights wrestle like heavyweights. I really liked Iwamoto going after Miyahara. If he starts showing more fire like this I could get behind his move to wrestling heavyweights. All Asia tag between Purple Haze-Stronghearts was fun. Issei Onitsuka trying to go blow for blow with Zeus was hilarious and he actually got the better of Zeus at one point! I had never seen him before, hope to see more. I have to say, Akira Francesco-SUGI didn't re-invent the wheel but because there was a short jr tag earlier and no one else doing jr matches it stood out. I thought the rookie looked good in his debut. I really enjoyed this show as you can tell. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

I thought the AJPW show was really good. Ashino looked good in defeat and I didn't think he was winning here. I think he could win the TC at some point in the next year or two. It's just Lee's time and I thought this was probably meant to be Ishikawa losing here.  AJPW is one of the few promotions where the heavyweights wrestle like heavyweights. I really liked Iwamoto going after Miyahara. If he starts showing more fire like this I could get behind his move to wrestling heavyweights. All Asia tag between Purple Haze-Stronghearts was fun. Issei Onitsuka trying to go blow for blow with Zeus was hilarious and he actually got the better of Zeus at one point! I had never seen him before, hope to see more. I have to say, Akira Francesco-SUGI didn't re-invent the wheel but because there was a short jr tag earlier and no one else doing jr matches it stood out. I thought the rookie looked good in his debut. I really enjoyed this show as you can tell. 

I keep thinking I’ll have time to catch up on All Japan and keep not having that time. Definitely interested in most of this card, esp the top four matches. Really intrigued by the TC match *only* going 20 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Control said:

I keep thinking I’ll have time to catch up on All Japan and keep not having that time. Definitely interested in most of this card, esp the top four matches. Really intrigued by the TC match *only* going 20 minutes.

I thought it could have used another 2-3 minutes at the end but I cannot criticize them for choosing to not go into overkill mode, especially the trends this year. They both sold their injuries! They acted like things hurt! They didn't go into ten minutes of reversals and kickouts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is still my favourite Jon Moxley match in NJPW vs Juice Robinson. Honourable mentions to Mox's singles matches vs. Tomohiro Ishii and Minoru Suzuki.

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 3:30 PM, D.Z said:

The new AJPW rookie Ryoma Tsukamoto, he didn't mention who his target player is.

20210723-00000001-dal-000-1-view.jpg

m_battle_news-20210723_72935.jpg

This guy’s look is top notch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AJPW

Tajiri in his new book and several articles dicussed psychology and character theory, well we can see that approach in current AJPW as well with Jake and Yuma.

Japan Vaccine news

37.5 percent have gotten their first dose of their vaccine in Japan so far. Start of next month it will be around 40 percent.


 

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m shocked every time I realize that the Miracle Violence Connection (specifically the Gordy-Williams version) was only around in AJPW for three years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Control said:

I’m shocked every time I realize that the Miracle Violence Connection (specifically the Gordy-Williams version) was only around in AJPW for three years.

Weirdly enough I was thinking about this recently while rewatching some of their matches with Misawa/Kawada. Gordy in general feels like he must been in the company forever but even without Doc he was only there... what, 87-93? Really sad to think about what could have been if Terry's personal problems hadn't cut his run short. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...