DVDVR Message Board

LUCHA Tuesday 10/8/13

Phil Schneider

Virus v. Guerrero Maya Jr.

Showed up a bit early and this is a tremendous match and one of the top matches in lucha this year. I loved the opening fall with both guys battling over standing positions, a cool matworky second fall and a third fall where they lay it out. Virus is truly amazing, just a master of wrestling. 

• Like 1

It really is criminal that Virus only gets 1 or 2 singles matches per year. He's the type of guy that should be doing monthly title defenses instead of Mephisto and Dragon Rojo.

That entire Sunday show was really good. I very much enjoyed the Rush/Marco/Mascara trios before the title match. Rush is just the greatest. Re-watched the Anniversary match w/ him & Negro and it was even more enjoyable on TV seeing all the stuff we missed live like the apron headbutt exchange and Rush standing over a dead Negro on the floor.

Marco/Sombra/Rush vs Niebla/Casas/Volador from Fox was also pretty good. Marco/Niebla just stayed out of the way while the feuding guys tore into each other. I am legit afraid every time Rush does his corner dropkick on Negro.

Don't sleep on the Porky/Escorpion feud. Escorpion is doing everything he can to make Porky watchable again. Tremendous angle on Terra this past Friday.

Máximo, Stuka Jr. & Super Porky vs. Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora & Rey Escorpión- 10/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGVSlXFIb8

Man was this awesome. Escorpion mugs Porky and beats the piss out of him, and when Porky comes back he just brutally beats Escopion, it was almost FUTEN level right hands to the face. Man I am happy to see Porky back and whopping ass, one of my favorite guys ever and I figured he was completely done, but man he is a violent fucker here. Between this and Rush v. Casas CMLL has the best brawling in the world. Is there other Porky v. Escorpion stuff I should see? 

Escorpion has quietly become one of the best guys in Lucha over the course of the last year.  

After that match Virus is now right there with Casas and Rush for the best guys this year.  Fucking great match, top five of the year.

I enjoyed the non-Canek parts of the Wagner Jr/Park/Canek match from IWRG, which also had a crazy atmosphere.

The Puebla mini's match is a ton of fun 

While watching that trios match with Rey Escorpion & Super Porky, I figured some folks on this board would like it. That Friday show, even with terra only airing the first 4 matches was fun. Sunday show was fun too.

Rey Escorpion might be the best overall in CMLL. He gets to feud with a guy everyone thinks is finished and he carries a trio featuring Dragon Rojo Jr. & Polvora. Pretty sure, he's going to feud with Thunder at some point and CMLL will somehow have him team with shitty Camorra just to see how good he really is.

I can't even complain about the women matches after watching that shitty Divas match on Raw. At least Dalys & Luna Magica know which side of the apron to stand on during a trios match.

Máximo, Stuka Jr. & Super Porky vs. Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora & Rey Escorpión- 10/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGVSlXFIb8

Man was this awesome. Escorpion mugs Porky and beats the piss out of him, and when Porky comes back he just brutally beats Escopion, it was almost FUTEN level right hands to the face. Man I am happy to see Porky back and whopping ass, one of my favorite guys ever and I figured he was completely done, but man he is a violent fucker here. Between this and Rush v. Casas CMLL has the best brawling in the world. Is there other Porky v. Escorpion stuff I should see? 

HOLY FUCKING CRAP IS THIS FUCKING AWESOME.

how can I get weekly AAA & CMLL shows? Does anyone carry them on cable or satellite? Galavision does not show either of them anymore, they do not air any Lucha in my market, I'd Love to be able to get more into it on a weekly basis 

how can I get weekly AAA & CMLL shows? Does anyone carry them on cable or satellite? Galavision does not show either of them anymore, they do not air any Lucha in my market, I'd Love to be able to get more into it on a weekly basis

Check the Lucha TV faq pinned at the top of this folder