Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

A few minutes ago, there was a guy trying to solo a Gold strike team (kett), so I jumped in to try to help. I got the host dropped thing before I made it in. I knew I'd be alone.

I managed to hold them off through most of the first wave until someone joined. We made it through 2, then someone else joined. A fourth joined at the end of 3. The way the whole thing went down made me feel like I was the leader of this ragtag army, like George Peppard on the A-Team, and by God, we were coming out of this one alive come hell or high water. 

At one point, my role was basically to run around reviving my three teammates while they would kill a couple of things and then die again, but hell, we got the waves done. I was just happy to have the help. We made it, twas awesome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jstout said:

A few minutes ago, there was a guy trying to solo a Gold strike team (kett), so I jumped in to try to help. I got the host dropped thing before I made it in. I knew I'd be alone.

I managed to hold them off through most of the first wave until someone joined. We made it through 2, then someone else joined. A fourth joined at the end of 3. The way the whole thing went down made me feel like I was the leader of this ragtag army, like George Peppard on the A-Team, and by God, we were coming out of this one alive come hell or high water. 

At one point, my role was basically to run around reviving my three teammates while they would kill a couple of things and then die again, but hell, we got the waves done. I was just happy to have the help. We made it, twas awesome.

I had a similar match the other day.  Started off with me as my Human Kineticist trying to score points for Max Health Bonus Stat joining the room of a guy starting a Silver room and then switching the difficulty up to a Gold APEX mission (Combo-Tastic!) before the mission started.

He got gunned down by Kett almost immediately and then the Host bounced.  I started off by myself on Wave 1 and thanks to Combo-Tastic!, I managed to survive until help arrived.  I got a KroMerc in Wave 2, a Human Juggernaut for Challenge Wave 3 (Devices), and a Batarian Scrapper in Wave 4.

We were definitely the Dirty 1/3rd of a Dozen, but we had three Power Combo generating nightmares and being a Kineticist, I always had one reserve detonation power I could used on the targets of the KroMerc's flamethrower.

It got real gritty during Challenge Wave 6 (Upload) and Extraction was a beast, but we all made aboard the last shuttle out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pay no attention to who can combo what. I just run around shanking people with a knife, and if I get a combo with someone, yay!

Got the ultra-rare Batarian up to XII last night. Yawn. I love how they have killed this game dead yet have held on to selling them Andromeda points throughout. Make the ultra-rares less rare, game's dead anyway.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the game being mostly dead...

  • Hey!  I was only missing two Remnant puzzles!  I must've gotten tunnel vision during the sad mission on Eos where you find the scientist that was killed by Remnant before she starved to death in that Assembler factory.  I did not stick around long enough to locate the console behind the Gravity Well activation point and me being Level 64 meant that the Destroyer guarding the puzzle locked loot chest went down pretty fast.  If I'd had tried to take out that Destroyer and solve that puzzle at the stage of the game when I was trying to complete that particular mission, I'd probably have gotten my ass kicked.
  • The other puzzle was located on Havarl and I am still shocked that I never noticed that cave before and I have searched nearly every nook and cranny of that map looking for shit.  Cryptography rare achievement unlocked.  I am one of the 0.67% of gamers who have gotten that achievement.  I am an idiot.
  • Yeah, I didn't feel like waiting.  I had over 130K Creds to spend, so I burned 6K to respec Ryder and distribute his points so that I could unlock the Full Power achievement.  I'm kinda glad I did because now my Biotic hybrid profiles aren't lagging that far behind now.
  • That Kett son of a bitch hijacked the Hyperion and took my sister hostage.  What a fucking douche coward!
  • Endgame was the firefight and showdown I should've gotten in ME3.  Nice and big and epic and plenty of callbacks and stuff.  Infiltrator Scott is specced for violence against shields and synthetics, so the Archon coming at me with a Remnant army was a bad idea.  Cora's Shield Boost was specced to regen health and shields so we weren't in too much danger from wiping out, even though the fucking Architect made defending zones pretty hazardous.  I was bummed that I did not personally get to put a bullet into the Archon's skull, but dead is dead and that's good enough for me.  The obligatory ominous cutscene with the Primus felt hollow as we'll never get that match booked unless I get to smoke her punk ass during the Epilogue.  Besides, she's an Ascendant and I have killed a half dozen of her kind before.  Kicking the Primus's ass can't be that hard.
  • I finally got to play as Sara in this playthrough and all I get to defend myself is a Phalanx with no mods and one solitary general issue frag grenade?  Why don't I get three powers?  Where is my fucking rifle?  At least I finally learned what that Reboot The Pathfinder shit was all about.
  • Epilogue has me going back to Habitat 7.  Scott is Level 67 now and I am sure the scenario won't last long enough to get me enough EXP to get all my profiles to Rank 6, so I'm looking at a partial New Game+ to unlock the High Performance achievement.
  • I also have to get in enough of a partial playthrough as Biotic Sara to knock out Trapshooter, Sucker Punch, and Fast Ball, but that shouldn't last too long.  I've unlocked the rare achievement for completing three romances, so I don't have to worry dealing with another million game hours just to get Sara laid.
  • I think I am still missing one or two models for my wall in the captain's quarters.  Don't really care. Sad because I used to care about shit like that.  Fuck you, EA Bioware..
  • Not sure what is more annoying about my final interview:  that I only got +50 EXP, that you can't complete it until the epilogue, or that the dialogue makes me feel like a shit because I am giving the impression that I am sneaking around on Cora with Keri...
  • Next up is the epilogue on Habitat 7 and that will conclude the long and drawn out process that was Playthrough Number One..

Holy fuck, I am like 27 points away from an APEX Rating of 21K.  One more Disappointment Pack probably would've given me enough weapon or character upgrades to put me over, but I had to grab a shower and get to the office for this early meeting.

I misread the CR rankings though.  Melraz is DVDVR Numero Uno Hombre with a CR close to 22K, but I am slowly gaining on him.. 

17 hours ago, jstout said:

I pay no attention to who can combo what. I just run around shanking people with a knife, and if I get a combo with someone, yay!.

I only pay attention to that stuff when it matters.  Biotics can only combo against unshielded and unarmored opponents unless they are under the effect of an Annihilation Field or are close to a Singularity, so rolling into a Combo-Tastic match with mostly Biotic characters can be a bad time.

I still have nightmares about that one Weekend Gold APEX Mission on the cool Remnant map where the squad brought four squishy Biotic characters into the match and we and got our asses handed to us.

If we're going into a Combo-Tastic match and I notice that the other players are loading up on Biotic characters, I either play a Tech character, or I play a character with a lot of detonator powers like a Human Sentinel or the Asari Huntress. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Stout, I saw you on last night and was going to message you once I finished my match, but I honestly just lost interest after I finished and turned it off to watch stuff on Hulu.

On the plus side, I found a match pretty quickly and they were a really competent bunch. Full extraction on a silver with only three revives needed the whole time.

Either this game is still alive - or most likely - it's like when someone with a terminal illness suddenly perks up and seems to be doing extremely well just before they croak the same night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never see you guys online.  What time do you play?  Two in the morning?

It would make sense as I have no problems finding groups at five in the morning because the lobbies are crawling with Europeans who must've just bought the game or rented it.  A lot of them have sub 1K APEX ratings..

When I get home from work, it takes almost a half hour to fill a Silver APEX roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I never see you guys online.  What time do you play?  Two in the morning?

It would make sense as I have no problems finding groups at five in the morning because the lobbies are crawling with Europeans who must've just bought the game or rented it.  A lot of them have sub 1K APEX ratings..

When I get home from work, it takes almost a half hour to fill a Silver APEX roster.

Mostly night time, especially on weekends, though not as late as we were on GTA.  The easiest way to get a full group seems to be to start the mission as soon as you have 2 or 3 in the room.  Missions seem to fill up pretty quickly after that, especially if you're running dailies or strike teams.  Of course, that leaves you open to getting the Foxys and Fishnuts of Andromeda, but at this point it's hard to be choosy about teammates.

I ran just enough to do the dailies yesterday.  Bronze with an XX-20 Kroguard is fun.  C'mere Fiend, I'ma headbutt your ass.  You too Ascendant.  Joined one mission in on wave 5.  Ended as high scorer.  I have no idea how that happens.  I'm not that good at this.

Probably little or no weekend runs for the this go round.  Real life stuff getting in the way.  Fortunately, it's good real life stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I have time to play, I'm usually on around 9 or 10 pm. I haven't been able to play as much because I'm getting my house ready to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense that I don't see you guys online that much, since I do not have a lot of time to play on weekend evenings.

That time is reserved for family stuff on my custody weekends or quality time on the weekends were it is just me and the wifey.

4 minutes ago, RUkered said:

When I have time to play, I'm usually on around 9 or 10 pm. I haven't been able to play as much because I'm getting my house ready to sell.

I've been there before, man.  I hope everything goes well!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for 100% viability for the planets you've settled, Habitat 7 is named after your family in the epilogue..

Whoopie.....

The garbled message from the Quarian ark in the light of no DLC to follow only served to made me angry.

I will start up my New Game+ next week.  We're keeping the grandkid this weekend so it's all hands.  I may get some game time in today if the boss decides to "telework" and we're given clearance to cash in comp time.  I have plenty of that shit to spare. 

I'll get back to MD around mid morning and I'll have a few hours to myself before the missus gets home.

I am 940 / 1000 Achievement Points!  As soon as I unlock the High Performance rare achievement in my New Game+, I'm going to start a brand new game as Biotic Sara and the minute I unlock Trapshooter, Fast Ball, and Sucker Punch, I'm done with this game for good.

The only three powers I need to unlock those achievements are Pull, Throw, and Lance and I have to remember that melee hits on floaties with an actual weapon don't count towards Sucker Punch.  I have to equip either the Omni-Blade or the Biotic Amplifier.

You'd think with a dwindling customer base for this game, EA Bioware would ratchet up the weekend APEX missions to 11 Waves and be a little more generous with the rewards.  The only interesting thing about the Weekend APEX mission was that Glass Jaw made Breechers a problematic issue rather than the nuisance they normally are.

I'm finally over 21K in APEX Rating and my Challenge Rating is about 20K.  I am now where Stout, Melraz, and Robert were about four or five months ago.  Better late than never, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new weekend APEX is a bit of a bastard. Silver, Remnant, One life to live, dwindling supplies, and Glass Jaw. Breachers kill you in two hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a game with the No. 3 guy on Xbox - for one minute. Joined in progress on Wave 7 with a minute left. Revived a teammate, killed one enemy, extracted and made 50,000. I then spent that money on two bulwark gun variations that I will never use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jstout said:

I played a game with the No. 3 guy on Xbox - for one minute. Joined in progress on Wave 7 with a minute left. Revived a teammate, killed one enemy, extracted and made 50,000. I then spent that money on two bulwark gun variations that I will never use.

That's the Andromeda experience.  I played 3 golds yesterday for the dailies.  The first one had about 219 deaths in it.  The other two had maybe 10 total.  Don't remember what I got for my 100K, but nothing I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It amazes me how last night I was kicking ass and taking names and this afternoon, I'm struggling with the same shit I did fine on the night before.

Teammates have something to do with this, certainly, but it just strikes me as funny.

EDIT: Two reserves packs so far today. Five sniper rifle variants. I need a new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ran two silvers with the Batarian Vanguard and came in first both times, and the team of randoms was pretty dalm good. Shocked me - that shit never happens.

Anyway, finally able to afford another Disappointment Pack and all I got out of it was an assault rifle, which I hate. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because it was called the Sweeper, and it reminded of something I need to share.

Despite Melraz's strict love of country music, he DOES know the words to Nelly's "Country Grammar" and will rap it for you if asked. Hearing him sing "Streeeeeet sweeeeeper baaaaaaby, cocked ready to let it gooooo, shimmy shimmy coco whaaaaaat" is something you all need in your lives.

And now I'm gonna go sign up for witness protection because he'll be on the Harley on his way up here to kill my ass in a few minutes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RUkered said:

I just ran two silvers with the Batarian Vanguard and came in first both times, and the team of randoms was pretty dalm good. Shocked me - that shit never happens.

Anyway, finally able to afford another Disappointment Pack and all I got out of it was an assault rifle, which I hate. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because it was called the Sweeper, and it reminded of something I need to share.

Despite Melraz's strict love of country music, he DOES know the words to Nelly's "Country Grammar" and will rap it for you if asked. Hearing him sing "Streeeeeet sweeeeeper baaaaaaby, cocked ready to let it gooooo, shimmy shimmy coco whaaaaaat" is something you all need in your lives.

And now I'm gonna go sign up for witness protection because he'll be on the Harley on his way up here to kill my ass in a few minutes.

I've heard him do Nate Dogg's parts of Regulate.  Now I've gotta hear that one too.  

No Andromeda till at least Monday for me.  Y'all have fun headbutting stuff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reeeeeemixxxxxx...

  • I'd forgotten how tedious it was to run around collecting fetchits and meeting the Nexus leadership.  Thank God, I'm on Eos again.
  • Doing the Habitat 7 stuff as a Level 66 was almost unfair.  Tech Combos made short work of the "Heavy Unknowns.."
  • Not thrilled about having to re-earn AVP perks and Tier 6 powers for my squaddies, but we're way overpowered for stuff so the things I struggled through as a lowbie should be a piece of cake now.
  • Engineer profile is up to Rank 5 and Soldier is Rank 4..  I need to dump a shit ton of points into Biotic.to bring up the Biotic hybrid profiles.

There were no new mods for me to buy last Thursday so I am sitting on about 1400 Mission Funds and counting.  I will carve through some more New Game+ when I get home and if I see you guys slugging through Multiplayer, I will jump in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big weekend strike team mission is no joke: silver, remnant, dwindling supplies, glass jaw, one life to live.

Both the breacher and the nullifier can melee. Nullifier took me from perfect health and shields to dead in one blow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jstout said:

The big weekend strike team mission is no joke: silver, remnant, dwindling supplies, glass jaw, one life to live.

Both the breacher and the nullifier can melee. Nullifier took me from perfect health and shields to dead in one blow.

Stout hates AxB's post on this very same page.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hush. I don't know why I'm getting it on a Monday, too. I cruised through it first time, now that I recall, but I had some very good teammates. Pretty much not the case today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jstout said:

Hush. I don't know why I'm getting it on a Monday, too. I cruised through it first time, now that I recall, but I had some very good teammates. Pretty much not the case today.

Well, I had shit teammates the first time I tried that mission last Thursday and the entire squad wiped. 

I decided to stop reviving myself after the fucking Human Female Soldier kept insisting on not providing any cover fire to anyone doing Devices or Retrieving a relic and then getting dropped in the middle of the map surrounded by Breechers once per wave.

I had to stop trying to level up my Level 15 Salarian Architect II and load up my Level 20 Krogan Engineer XVII for that dumb mission.

It's back in my queue today, so I will run it one more time when I get to the crib before continuing with the Campaign Mode Remixxxx....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No revives. I've failed it three straight times. Died twice by a one-shot Nullifier melee kill, including my last try, when I was using a shield boost IV consumable (40 percent more shields).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jstout said:

No revives. I've failed it three straight times. Died twice by a one-shot Nullifier melee kill, including my last try, when I was using a shield boost IV consumable (40 percent more shields).

Nullifiers are a pain in the ass, but they don't engage you in close quarters unless you're right on top of them.

They are problematic for your playstyle since you run as an Angaran Avenger and have to be able to survive the counter if your Avenger Strike doesn't immediately kill what you hit.

The real enemies in that mission are Breachers as they can come at you two at a time, will chase you around cover, and can immediately kill you before you can register than they are attacking.

I should be at the crib around 4PM or so.  If you're still on and haven't beaten the mission, I'll run it with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to work, but thanks anyway.

Breachers don't damage you 1/4th as much as nullifiers. I was trying to duel with the first one and didn't think it'd be so deadly. The second snuck up behind me, never saw him coming.

I gave up until tonight. I kept trying to get games going and the guys who joined were not ready for any silver, much less this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×