DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/19/17

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Given the ROH run he's on and his renewed spirit after being able to freely take bookings, I am not even sure if that is true.

I was referring to his constant tendency in the past - across two different gimmicks - to have won the Fired case, only to still be stuck working for TNA in some capacity.

Brooke needs a new finisher ASAP. It has never looked particularly good. Other than that, I didn't think she looked too bad last night but strange to see her seem to dominate Sienna so easily after a hard fought match against Deonna.

Still excited for Jade/Rosemary next week. 

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's hard to argue that.  Silencing Eli is such an egregious call on their part that it's impossible to look past.  DCC is perplexing because they had that cool promo last week only to be goofs last night.  There's no mystique and little to no reason to care.  At least Arron's getup is his own stupid idea.  Apparently he pushed for that in WWE and got shot down.  Moose I can almost understand because it is a returning Drew.  But even that match they could have saved down the line.  Trevor was a buffoon last year too, Total Nonstop Deletion is proof of that.  As for Brooke, Deonna tried her best to make something out of that.  I'm not one to complain about Brooke shaking things, but the rest of it is pretty bad.

To add to the griping, how about Braxton not being allowed to train Allie.  They recently paired up and with little time to establish it they split them (for fear of firing Allie in storyline I guess)  If you're going to do it do that later.

I thought the Eli thing was interesting last week when they battered that guy and made him read off their statement.  That made him interesting and dangerous-looking.  This week, him just sitting there looking annoyed while Tyrus talked for him made him look like a goofball.

I had missed the Braxton thing, I was getting a little skip-happy with the remote by that point.  The whole Maria not running the KO division but having people working for her in the KO division angle makes no sense.  Plus, they pretty much fumbled the Allie turns on Maria angle that had NUCLEAR heat in November, only to do a series of Allie sorta turning but not really turning on Maria moments that now the crowd is much less interested.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, caley said:

You know, I can't help but feel this show has gotten demonstrably worse since the Anthem takeover.  A lot of the guys TNA spent 2016 getting over as top guys/up-and-comers feel like they're getting cut off at the knees or like they've completely lost what made the characters unique.
-Eli Drake not talking anymore, feels like a total "This guy is getting over too much, let's cut off what makes him special" deal  then pair him up and let Tyrus do the talking in order to boost up Tyrus because Tyrus has some small bit of outside wrestling celebrity (He's become a contributor on the Greg Gutfeld show on Fox News).
-Arron Rex morphing into a wrestling comedy heel Rip Taylor character.
-Moose dropping his title so quickly.
-Brooke coming back, dominating another wrestler (Who looked markedly better than her!), then going 50/50 with the supposedly dominant Sienna, who has been built up as the monster of the KO division feels a lot like the Tyrus deal because Brooke has her own reality show.
-The DCC going from spooky guys hacking the TV, to guys upset at TNA for not giving them a chance, to goofy guys cracking jokes on Drake's Talk Show.
-Trevor Lee going from "Technical Savage" to Eugene.

It just feels like most of the characters are going backwards in some way, shape or form, save the Hardyz.  I hope it's not leading to the triumphant return of Jeff Jarrett but it really feels like everyone being knocked down a few pegs so that Jarrett can come in and be regarded as a huge star/saviour.  Honestly, this show is starting to become a chore to watch again.  Like, how did we get back to Brooke shaking her butt all over the ring and Hornswoggle giving people the stinkface from where this show was in Summer 2016?!

19 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's hard to argue that.  Silencing Eli is such an egregious call on their part that it's impossible to look past.  DCC is perplexing because they had that cool promo last week only to be goofs last night.  There's no mystique and little to no reason to care.  At least Arron's getup is his own stupid idea.  Apparently he pushed for that in WWE and got shot down.  Moose I can almost understand because it is a returning Drew.  But even that match they could have saved down the line.  Trevor was a buffoon last year too, Total Nonstop Deletion is proof of that.  As for Brooke, Deonna tried her best to make something out of that.  I'm not one to complain about Brooke shaking things, but the rest of it is pretty bad.

To add to the griping, how about Braxton not being allowed to train Allie.  They recently paired up and with little time to establish it they split them (for fear of firing Allie in storyline I guess)  If you're going to do it do that later.

Very much agreed. The problem is they got rid of the integral parts of the last creative team: Corgan and Lagana. Billy in particular brought a tremendously fresh approach and I believe most of last year's positives were because of him. 

Really wish Anthem would have retained him and made him head of creative. 

So what we're getting now is Gaburick and Conway which explains the negatives. Come March, Dutch and Jarrett will probably take over but I doubt they'll do as good a job as Corgan. 

• Like 1