DVDVR Message Board

The ask for recommendations thread

Frequently other threads segue into people asking for recommendations on further material about a specific wrestler, promotion, or time period.  This is a catch-all thread for people to post in asking for matches or events to check out that will hopefully be seen by those who can provide suggestions.

Anyways, I barely watched WWE from 2004-2011 or so.  I've gone through a couple of the big PPVs in that time frame via the network but otherwise haven't seen much.  What essential matches or shows from that span do I need to check out?

As a massive Umaga fan who also thought that Jeff Hardy was really great as a never-say-die babyface at this time, I'd suggest all the Hardy/Umaga stuff because it was really good. 

• Hardy/Umaga on RAW (2/19/07)
  • Hardy/Umaga at the Great American Bash (7/22/07)
  • Hardy/Umaga on RAW (11/19/07)
  • Hardy/Umaga on RAW (Steel Cage, 1/7/08)
  • Hardy/Umaga at One Night Stand (Falls Count Anywhere, 6/1/08)

Those are all I can think of/find off the top of my head. I didn't link because this isn't a YouTube thread and I didn't want to break any board rules. Anyway, this actually is my favorite rivalry of '00s WWE. I don't want to hype the matches too much, but to me, the violence is escalated with each meeting, culminating in that final ONS match before Hardy moved on firmly into the main event. 

• Like 1