DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 642014 CHARLES mfn LUCERO!

DEAN

DRIVERETTE 642014

BEHOLD,  THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SINGLES

##############################GOING

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$STEADY

-------------------------------------

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ NOCHES DE COLISEO- SILVER STAR vs CHARLES LUCERO- 3/2/2014:  This match has been sitting here forever.  I think it is because I wasn't sure if Charles Lucero(1) was the same guy I remember from that Rey Hechicero match that showed up last year.    Hey, it is:  My guess: Wads of fucked up lucha libre matwork!   For whatever reason, Silver Star(2) is billed as Silvder Star, though he is too fat to be Decnis under a mask!  I SWEAR!  This is for the World Middlewieght Championship and I would expect a traditional Lucha Libre title style match- not that you expect Lucero to mix in a bucket of blood in with all the tricked out lucha holds.  But I digress.  Lucero latches on the keylock early which Silver Star counters into a hammerlock to lead to Lucero kickstarting the tangled up submission holds, as he makes with an INSIDE Step Toe-Hold that Silver Star counters into a Step OVER toehold.  Oooooh FUN!   And it's an INVERTED SURFBOARD!  Okay, Silver Star isn't afraid to bring the crazy Mexican submissions as he procures a full fledged Indian Deathlock- but he doesn't do it like Paul Jones used to apply it-  en lieu, he starts on the ground and works Lucero's legs into position.  Jesus, this match is going to be fucking insane.   Lucero counter with his OWN Indian Death Lock somehow but Star counters out and they go to a vertical base.  And this is more Lucha mat wrestling than I've seen in a while.  They do some more intricate stuff leading up to the preposterously awesome Lucero submission- it's (a) a back-to-back spinning wristlock into a (b) hammerlock with a © side single leg takedown  with a (d) reverse cross-armbreaker?  (d) Sorta?   I've seen like a,b, and c- and I've seen b,c, and d, but I don't think I've seen a,b,c, and d together before.   We are six and half minutes in and I've had to try to look up four moves- mostly unsuccessfully.  Second fall is really quick with a batch of fast moves that quickly ends with an Atlantida for Silver Star to take the fall.  The third fall starts all kinds of awesome: Your ref has disturbing leather pants.   Silver Star does an in-ring tope, then misses an in-ring tope, then armdrags Lucero- who FIFTY-THREE FUCKING YEARS OLD-  over the toprope to the floor.  Silver Star then throws his big fat ass through the ropes crushing Lucero- in one the fatter assed topes you will see this year.  Lucero has the look that folks our age make daily, "Motherfuck, I am too motherfucking old to be putting up this kind of bullshit."  Instead of going into the shower, curling up in a ball and crying about the injustice of aging and life in general, Lucero GETS UP and CONTINUES WRESTLING FOR THE muthafukkin BELT!  YOU GO, MY BROTHER!  Lucero walks straight into Crippler Crossface that he spins out of, procuring the Abdominal Stretch that he rolls into a pinning predicament, but Silver Star kicks out and rolls into a Reverse Gorie Special or maybe an inverted Gorie Special that Lucero powers into a roll-up.  Silver Star does the awesome modified Dragon Sleeper into a fuckin EVEREST Vertical Suplex.  He goes for second but Lucero powers the big fucker over into his own Vertical Suplex.  This whole time they are sharing a mutual headlock- as it is sort of Duelling Three Amigos.  They fly around a bit and Lucero dodges a shoulderblock through the ropes which allows him to both crush Silver Star with a tope and nearly crush the dating couple sitting in the front row.  Silver Star gets back in the ring and applies the weird ass counterwieght submission that has baffled the world from time immortal.   They do some nearfalls before Lucero misses a toprope splash and allows Silver Star to do the OTHER baffling Counterweight Submission where you tangle up the legs, hold the wrists while your victim is facedown and his actual face is rubbing against the mat.   Silver Star misses an ill-conceived moonsault so Lucero gets in a Romero Special before EVERYBODY bumps gigantic to the floor.  Lucero does a true no-hands Jerry Estrada over-the-toprope bump to the floor, while Silver Star is not afraid to sprint off the apron, miss a senton and splat flat on his back.  Every body lays around a while and contemplates each other's fate.  There is much comforting from seconds with towels.  Lucero limps into ring first and Silver Star limps more into the ring.  Lucero then just fucking CRUSHES Silver Stars head with an absolutely crazy second rope senton.  Lucero adds a superfluous elbow drop and Silver Star kicks out!  It is for the belt.  Silver Star is showing true FIGHTING SPIRIT!  Lucero goes up top but Silver Star catches him and armdrags him off the top to the mat.  He gets Lucero up for the Atlantida- but Lucero rolls, gets to his feet and- this took a little research- applies the first steps of a Dos Caras Special- where Dos Caras would do a no-hands Sharp-Shooter, but Lucero puts him in a sitting position and stretches the shoulder.  FOR THE WIN! AND THE BELT!   What a fucking lunatic match.  To be 53 and taking those kind of bumps, Charles Lucero is your lord and master.  

--------------------------

END NOTES

1. Per Cagematch.de, Charles Lucero is 53, 5'7" and 189 pounds.   He debuted in May 1975.  thus he started at age 15.  HARLEY RACE, BITCHES!

2. Per Cagematch.de, Silver Star is 40 and 5'7".  He was 2 years old when Lucero debuted.  I was 9.

TOMORROW:  Francaise?  Oui?  Non?  Comme-si, comme-ca?

• Like 1

The Lucha Title Match is such a strange and alluring mistress. In 2014, you sit in awe of the anachronism of a guy who looks like NJPW Vader going up against a sad-faced, dumpy 53 year old who will take out of the ring bumps and land on his feet (reminding you of your own knees, who at 30 are already chewed up and spat out) and will then give you a possible concussion with his hindparts. Silver Star almost wipes out somebody in a wheelchair at ringside too. I'd give this a midlevel spot on the '80s lucha set if it were to have shown up there, more high than low.