DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Secret Wars (2015). One of the best comic book events ever.

You might wanna try out Ultimate Invasion, which is the upcoming spiritual sequel. But I think Marvel Comics may build up to another Secret Wars in time for the events 10th anniversary for 2025 and the upcoming Avengers Secret Wars movie.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

You might wanna try out Ultimate Invasion, which is the upcoming spiritual sequel. But I think Marvel Comics may build up to another Secret Wars in time for the events 10th anniversary for 2025 and the upcoming Avengers Secret Wars movie.

Cheers, TAFKA D.Z/Blue Dragon/Red King.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:18 AM, 赤い竜 said:

What does the name stand for? Thought it was better to ask the source than translate online. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

What does the name stand for? Thought it was better to ask the source than translate online. Thanks.

Red Dragon.

Keep in mind I don't care about having the same name forever. I will probably change it again in when the 180 days are up.

Ultimate Invasion 3 Cover

Euro Asia, Russia and Japan

unnamed.jpg

I dunno what happens in the end, but I hope the New Marvel/Ultimate Universe is copied over to put it somewhere else in the end of this series.

The old Ultimate Universe was destroyed in Secret Wars, while the one shown in Ultimate End is another destroyed reality with its own Earth designation.

The post Secret Wars Earth 1610 was created by Franklin Richards of Earth 616 and it's not the same Earth as the previously destroyed Earth 1610. Then Cates destroyed the Post Secret Wars Earth 1610 in his Venom works.

The Maker is making another brand new Ultimate Universe.

I miss later stages ultimate marvel. When they no longer could honestly treat it as a continuity light new starting point, so instead it became the place where they could do things "for real" that would never stand for very long in the main books. Kill Wolverine and leave him dead? Sure. Replace Peter with a new Spider-Man? Great idea. Reed Richards is a supervillain and Dr Doom has joined the Fantastic Four? Why not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I miss later stages ultimate marvel. When they no longer could honestly treat it as a continuity light new starting point, so instead it became the place where they could do things "for real" that would never stand for very long in the main books. Kill Wolverine and leave him dead? Sure. Replace Peter with a new Spider-Man? Great idea. Reed Richards is a supervillain and Dr Doom has joined the Fantastic Four? Why not?

How did Reed Richards become the villain, the Maker? Thanks in advance.

From the Ultimate line I read:

Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley which is one of the best comic book runs ever especially Ultimate Spider-Man #13.

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man: Death of Spider-Man, what a fitting ending.

The first 12 issues of Ultimate All-New Spider-Man with Miles Morales by Brian Michael Bendis/Sara Pichelli which I really liked.

The first arc of the Ultimates which I mostly liked.

I then read Secret Wars (2015), one of the best event comics ever.

Edited by The Natural

51 minutes ago, The Natural said:

How did Reed Richards become the villain, the Maker? Thanks in advance.

From the Ultimate line I read:

Ultimate Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley which is one of the best comic book runs ever especially Ultimate Spider-Man #13.

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man: Death of Spider-Man, what a fitting ending.

The first 12 issues of Ultimate All-New Spider-Man with Miles Morales by Brian Michael Bendis/Sara Pichelli which I really liked.

The first arc of the Ultimates which I mostly liked.

I then read Secret Wars (2015), one of the best event comics ever.

It starts with him being an abused kid, both by his father and local bullies. Then when Sue and Johnny's dad dies in Ultimatum and he tries to propose to Sue she breaks up with him and the team disbands.

Then he kills his own parents while faking his death and aligns with invading aliens against the earth.

He's defeated, survives, and decides he's going to win his friends back by saving the planet. That's when he builds The City and becomes the Maker and lives for like a thousand years in the future without aging and then comes back to fight the Ultimates and there's the big reveal when his helmet comes off. IIRC, that kinda resulted in more of a stalemate than anything.

Then the 616-Galactus came to the Ultimate Universe and the heroes begged Reed to help defeat him. He traveled to the 616, stole other Reed's files on Galactus, trapped Galactus in the N-Zone and seemed to be making a full face turn into Hickman basically threw out everything that happened after he stopped writing Reed and reverted him to The Maker for Secret Wars 

• Thanks 1