DVDVR Message Board

legends house

misanthrope304

Agreed. The show really got good the last few episodes but that reunion was brutally boring.

One thing I find interesting is that Fink was being razzed for not being a wrestler, but Gene wasn't a wrestler and he didn't get called out like that.

Okerlund teamed with Hogan vs. Mr Fuji and George Steele and trained for the match, so he gets props from the workers even though it was a comedy match where he had like two seconds of actual ring time.

Bobby Heenan gets even more cred.  He looks like a million bucks in his match with Salvagore Bellomo.

Agreed. The show really got good the last few episodes but that reunion was brutally boring.

One thing I find interesting is that Fink was being razzed for not being a wrestler, but Gene wasn't a wrestler and he didn't get called out like that.

Okerlund teamed with Hogan vs. Mr Fuji and George Steele and trained for the match, so he gets props from the workers even though it was a comedy match where he had like two seconds of actual ring time.

Bobby Heenan gets even more cred.  He looks like a million bucks in his match with Salvagore Bellomo.

Bobby used to be a wrestler as well. Also, I've seen matches where he took better bumps than the guy he was managing.

Fink had a/some tuxedo matches, right?  I mean, not that those count for a damn thing.  But Gene wasn't exactly breaking any ground with his match......it's really only remembered because of Hogan and the training stuff. 

Regardless, it was really shitty.  I mean, isn't Fink the longest tenured WWE employee not named McMahon at this point?  And basically known for the majority of his time as THE voice of the WWE?  I mean, can you think of that double microphone at MSG without thinking of Fink? 

Hey, the guy openly admits to being a picked on outcast as a youth and says it bothered him and overcoming it to be a success is something that means a lot to him......let's tell him he isn't a real man and doesn't belong here.

Of course it's reality TV so who knows.  But it came off as awkward and dumb and asshole-ish.