DVDVR Message Board

MMORPG/Social Network Games Thread

As much as we all want to not admit it, at some point or another we've delved into these types of games, and at times became deeply entrenched in them. So if you're into MMORPG's which one do you prefer?

Me, I've been playing a fighting game called Degenerates for 2 1/2 years. It's essentially a lot of the stuff like Mobsters, only without the bots and Playdom (the platform it was ran on) being fucking idiots and with a more attentive admin and staff. 

My daughter roped me into being the online chaperone for her Pirate101 group.  Prior to that, the only MMO's I have ever played were EverQuest and Final Fantasy 11.  I have never played any of the Star Wars MMOs nor have I ever seen World of Warcraft.

I may play TES: Online if Khajiit are a starter race.

I generally hate playing with other people, so my MMO experience is limited to the Ultima Online beta and a month of Eve Online.  I realized Eve would probably eat my life if I let it, so I quit.

I do like playing Neptune's Pride every once in a while, but that plays more like a board game to me, with the added frisson of backstabbing and dickery.

Sank 5 years into City of Heroes hardcore, role playing and everything. Nothing has stuck with me since I quit it in 09, though I still seem to sink 5 hours per week or so into Shitty Marvel Diablo. It's a bad game. I know it's a bad game. I complain about it. And yet, if I'm looking for a no brain game to play with no sound while I listen to a podcast or talk on the phone with my dad, I am absolutely going to go run a cube shard instance with Ms Marvel. This leads me to believe that if I had had a PC capable of running Diablo 2 in the 90s, I would have starved to death happily.