DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Appreciate it! I’ve missed talking ball with y’all, too. Believe me, it took a lot of self-discipline to click away every time my muscle memory brought me back here 😅.

I was thinking of you headed into that 4th & 31... Of course I never expected it to go well for the Tide.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was thinking of you headed into that 4th & 31... Of course I never expected it to go well for the Tide.

Probably a good thing I was on a break, because I would’ve gotten banned for sure. No telling what I would’ve said in the moment.

And now I’m reminded again that a big reason why that play had to happen was a bad snap by the center! Amazing that somebody didn’t order a code red on McLaughlin this season.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Really disappointed that I wasn’t around to keep this gimmick going all season:

I had my Washington stock early.

I really didn't think anyone could go undefeated in that league with how many good teams there were. Washington is 26th in the talent composite and might win the Natty. Insane.

3 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

This Penix guy looks great. I thought I heard he’s not a good NFL prospect?

He throws such a pretty deep bowl. There's concerns about his injury history, his age, and his weird throwing motion. Probably a mid round pick.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

He throws such a pretty deep bowl. There's concerns about his injury history, his age, and his weird throwing motion. Probably a mid round pick.

Probably worried about the name too

• Haha 1

On top of being extremely talented, Penix is a 6th-year player with 40+ starts. He’s just seen everything that college defense has to offer. Nothing bothers him. He always knows just what to do with whatever the defense is giving him.

This is 2010 Cam Newton- or 2019 Joe Burrow-tier QB play. Take that for what you will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Seriously, this reminds me of 2019 LSU so much. They can run the clock by passing the ball because they just WILL NOT miss.

I'm deeply interested in the complete contrast of styles next week, assuming Washington holds on here.

One team will "block and tackle you to hell" while the other will just throw the ball all over the place with shocking pinpoint accuracy. One is barely over the 50% mark in the BCR, the other not even close to it. 14th vs 26th in the Talent Composite. Both undefeated, playing for it all.

I just wish it was the Rose Bowl.

And Washington giving Texas a chance.

This game actually reminds me a ton of Michigan/TCU last year. See if the Horns can handle the last chance better than the Wolverines did.

They keep mentioning Washington being 119th in pass defense, but their yards allowed per pass play was a lot better than that. They just faced so many pass first teams and teams having to throw because they were trailing.

And as I type that, huge pass play for Texas.

I know the conventional wisdom in that situation was just to run three times and punt, but man…Penix and those guys were unstoppable tonight. Just keep throwing!

1 minute ago, EVA said:

And now he goes and does something like that

Well, two straight years that we got two down to the wire semi-final games.

I hope the NCG is better this year (actually I'll take a Michigan fifty point win, but...)

Good shit! Michigan/Washington will be really interesting. A good final test for each team. Best QB that Michigan has faced (by far) vs. the best defense that Penix has faced (by far).

I had no faith in Ewers or Sark at the beginning of the year. They overachieved. Can’t be too mad. But I’m guessing Arch is gonna start next year anyway?

And Penix is amazing. I’m truly baffled as to how he could be poor NFL prospect. He looks CJ Stroud-like.