DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Wow, that mission is not so hard that someone should be getting frustrated and running off. Its very much made with casuals & semi-casuals in mind unlike say Avalon.

I just finished the final run of it today as well. The symbol at the end was a neat tease though the lack of any dialogue was strange. I assume its more build for the Echoes Episode. 

Edited by Eivion

I’ve gotten one constellation across three legend runs of Starcrossed. I’m starting to get frustrated because no one will show me the way, except the one time I joined with some Russian guy who was really helpful. Like three weeks ago.

There are only two in the legend version. The second shouldn't be far off from the fourth chest. I suggest creating your own fireteam with chill and patience as requirements. Also using vid to see where the second constellation is for sure. 

On 1/22/2024 at 12:33 AM, Eivion said:

There are only two in the legend version. The second shouldn't be far off from the fourth chest. I suggest creating your own fireteam with chill and patience as requirements. Also using vid to see where the second constellation is for sure. 

Yeah I only had Tower & Lock, just now found Wish after I completed those two. Damnit! After this one though I’ll have all 4 catalysts.

Their patch notes today say they’ve finally patched out the final boss fight and being able to deal damage from outside of the arena. Which I guess was the exploit that was left over from the last time they tried to fix it, when it was (I think) only Overload weapons did damage “out of bounds” or whatever.

EDIT: I don’t know what they fixed, but you can still do damage outside the wall with Barrier weapons.

Edited by Casey

TWID is up.

The Wishes missions are giving us the options of high level materials like shards and alloys, Dawning/Lost mementos, and Last Wish red border raid weapons. That last one caught me off guard and is nice to see. As someone who has never done a raid it would be nice to get at least one of the craftable weapons. The missions will be available until The Final Shape.

7.77 million community sword kills will lead to a free emblem.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

TWID is up.

The Wishes missions are giving us the options of high level materials like shards and alloys, Dawning/Lost mementos, and Last Wish red border raid weapons.

It also includes Lightfall exotic gear.

But yeah I guess I’ll finally have a reason to do dungeons with my coworker. He’s been begging me to do Grasp of Avarice for months after our first failed attempt because I got bored after 2 hours of failing and restarting.

"Ma! I got the Gjallarhorn!"

Me and another dude 2 maned Grasp so I could finally get past that step. (Luckily he was already at the Ogre so I didn't have to do that whole first part again). 

The sparrow section was a big of a disaster as I thought it was gonna be

Yeah the sparrow section is exactly where I noped out. We spent a good hour wearing down that ogre and finally beating him (this was maybe a month into us playing D2 so we weren’t super high level or had good weapons). Then that part happened and I died a few times and just called it quits. Haven’t went back since. Might be time to though, I’m at 1825 with a pretty decent load out.

But in lieu of that if he doesn’t come back to play, I’ll probably just focus on doing seasonal stuff with my Hunter and get that account up to snuff.

Mass Effect collab out 2/13. Outfits based on Shep (Titan), Garrus (Hunter) and Liara (Warlock). I’m assuming that’s how it’s going to breakdown based off the promo image.

Enhanced Defense ghost shell, Alliance Scout Frigate ship & Alliance Drop Ship sparrow are all free for everyone..

Well - at least the first Riven's Wish is straight forward

It's doing Dreaming City activities (including one specific Public Event)

Just saw Cross and Datto's vids on that. I have mixed feelings as it couldn't have come at a worse time given the layoffs last year and The Final Shape delay. At the same time I suspect it might have happened even in a good situation.

At the very least it seems like Joe's replacement is a good choice since he has been with Bungie for decades and a part of a lot positive developments in Halo and Destiny. Sounds like a push the boundaries type so hopefully they give him some more freedom than usual.

You guys have a lot more experience in the Destiny Universe than I do so I want to know, what would you need to see from The Final Shape to make it a success? What would bring people back to the game?

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

You guys have a lot more experience in the Destiny Universe than I do so I want to know, what would you need to see from The Final Shape to make it a success? What would bring people back to the game?

Success of The Final Shape will mostly be dependent on the quality of the main campaign & raid. As long as those two hit strong TFS itself will probably be well regarded. Originally, I was going to mention the post campaign as well, but I think most of that will be within Episode 1. Ideally whatever epilogue content we have between TFS and Echoes should be good, but I don't think its a make or break with only a week or two between the expansion and Episode.

As for what would bring people back. I think we are at a point where there will be plenty jumping off regardless of what happens next due to a lack of trust in Bungie and/or some players just wanting something they can call an endpoint story wise for Destiny. With that said, I think the most important thing Bungie needs to do is create a new starting point that excites and/or interests players, new and old. They need a new story for newer players to latch onto and engross themselves in instead of the Light and Darkness Saga which had a rough start in D1 and many missing pieces in D2 due to the Content Vault. A Destiny 3 would be the easiest and possibly best thing in that regard, but I also think there is little they can do to advance the game from a technical and gameplay point to make a 3 worthwhile. Hopefully Echoes brings that new beginning, but we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Eivion

Yeah - I was gonna say. A lot of long time players who bounced are just gonna come back to see how the story ends and then quickly bounce again.

And a lot of long time players (especially in the content creator world) are planning on a minimum taking a break if not fully transitioning to whatever their post Final Shape plans were gonna be

And that is just the PvE side. They have already driven away a lot of folks on the PvP side for various reasons. They map pack might engage folks but it also seems several PvP folks are just gonna wait and see if Marathon ever comes out.

But kinda like what Eivion is talking about - it really is almost at the point of needing the refresh to bring in new players and get the returners who have been begging for "new". Bungie has constantly said that they couldn't really refresh until after Final Shape and I know there have been some interviews with devs already who had said the episodes won't be as "predictable" because they aren't tied to the seasonal model

• Like 1

I know everyone hates Riven's Wishes (outside of the loot) but I appreciate them allowing me to check off random triumphs that I never did.

Like this week - I had never gotten all the Ascendent Chests and now I have them all when the curse is the weakest (and I have a feeling 2 other wishes will follow a similar theme)

• Like 1

The weapons refresh update in March is presumably bringing the new weapons we would have gotten in Final Shape's original release date to Nightfalls, Trials, Iron Banner. No update for armor and world loot. New weapons include strand wave frame GL, Stasis vortex sword, Tex Mechanica SR (stasis) & GL (solar). Summoner and Multmach are returning. No weapons are leaving until TFS update. Do to Episodes being longer the pools for Iron Banner and Nightfalls will remain at 8. Trials will return to 6 due to less chances to obtain Adepts with it switching out with Iron Banner.

Armor Synthesis bounties will refresh with the weapons update.

Free Bright Dust weekly will be available.

Iron Banner returns twice for the beginning and end of April.

Is Apex Predator so good that I should use my wish tokens explicitly on it to craft asap? I did use one token just to get the rocket launcher. I would like to run the raid eventually and I've been getting the chest near Shuro Chi on all three but no red borders yet. Nation of Beasts looks pretty damn good as well.

Edited by Shadow

I mean it’s up to you. 

I just bought one so it would get added to my pool so I can get it when getting the one solo chest is Last Wish

Every “guide” I watched/read basically starts with Apex as the first weapon you should probably chase.

That being said - also get what works best for you. I got a pair of Pyrogales and Briarbinds too since my RNG luck was terrible and I wanted them for builds

• Like 1