DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Surprisingly managed to hit flawless on a Mercy card late last night. Had no real expectations of success and did it mostly just to kill time. Always bothers me just a little when I somehow succeed during the times I give the least fucks. Even in my last game when I figured I would lose for sure I somehow came out the best player. I murked an entire team in one round and it just felt wrong as I should not have managed that. 

• Like 1

Yeah - with the story hitting its apparent 5 month break it is gonna be hard to find motivation to do things

That being said - I probably use Fireteam Finder to knock a few things off my list finally

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Pretty sure the actual story break is after next week. We still need the final egg. 

I am still working through this week's story so I am going by what Paul Tassi said - which is, admittedly, probably a mistake

• Like 1

I really wish the Fireteam Finder had more specific missions for the seasonal stuff. It feels misleading labeling my listing as the Coil when in reality I need it to be Polysemy or something like that.

I did match up with a Russian who was incredibly helpful for Starcrossed, so that’s something.

Still can’t find ANYONE to do Lightfall legendary campaign with, though. I need that for my Guardian rank - and have for like two seasons now.

For the Lightfall campaign - I would recommend using one of the companion apps (like the official Destiny one)

Since the way those usual list - people will see the post while searching for other stuff (whereas fireteam finder - you have to be specifically looking for that activity)

I need to do a bunch of Starcrossed

I need to do a Legendary run on my Titan (I have two weeks worth - I hope one completion will pop both) and a regular run on my Warlock.

I just haven't found the time to dedicate to doing it. (Not to mention Iron Banner)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I need to do a bunch of Starcrossed

I need to do a Legendary run on my Titan (I have two weeks worth - I hope one completion will pop both) and a regular run on my Warlock.

I just haven't found the time to dedicate to doing it. (Not to mention Iron Banner)

I suggest waiting for the last two catalyst quests so you can do those up until the Legend part and complete all of them with just one legend run. I did with the first two just by chance and got both. Also make sure you use a team that will lead you to the chests or at least give you time to pick them up. The ones that appear each week past the first chest are the general stat upgrades.

I might got that route if I don't get a chance to do it by tomorrow since next week is crazy busy for me at work

We shall see

Also when you do Starcrossed having a grenade launcher with blinding rounds makes the run go considerably smoother. Being a hunter where I can suspend with my grenade twice, also again with the bow, and blind it if it's still not dead has helped a lot with things like wyverns.

And like I figured the "finale" actually did happen. Not sure why Tassi thought they would delay it 5 months. No reason to wait that long, especially since we are likely to have some sort of mission at the end of the season to set up a transition into The Final Shape. Still with that 4-5 months away I'm not sure what I am going to be doing in the meantime D2 wise. Maybe I will finally try a raid or two.

Did Legend Starcrossed finally - a little irritated that the guys I were with didn't wait so I could grab this week's constellation.

Got secret chests 3 and 4 but somehow missed chest 2

Was deeply amused at the one guy who was getting pissed and kept yelling at me and the other dude because he thought we were killing guys in the wrong order when it turned out he didn't realize the pattern reset after we had wiped one time

• Like 1

I did Legend last night for pattern 4 and the third perk catalyst. I lucked out with guys who needed both as well so it was mostly smooth sailing, just occasional combat issues. I didn't realize Bungie patched out the cheese spot for the boss fight last update. Had I known that I would have brought Wish Ender or Revision Zero.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I did Legend last night for pattern 4 and the third perk catalyst. I lucked out with guys who needed both as well so it was mostly smooth sailing, just occasional combat issues. I didn't realize Bungie patched out the cheese spot for the boss fight last update. Had I known that I would have brought Wish Ender or Revision Zero.

It was still working as of last night because one of my dudes stayed back plunking away as me and the other dude cleared out the crap and hid till our supers were ready

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was still working as of last night because one of my dudes stayed back plunking away as me and the other dude cleared out the crap and hid till our supers were ready

You can't stand at the see through wall and plunk away anymore. Anti-barrier weapons however still work fine.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure they patched that out a week or two ago, I think? My first run through of Starcrossed was when the mission originally appeared and my team cheesed it and beat the final boss in minutes. My legend run was last week and it was patched and that fight took a looooong time.

• Like 1

Sucks I’ll never get to play any of that. But I basically skipped the first Destiny anyway so I’m not sure it would matter either way. I only play this game because the gunplay is addictive and Guardian fashion is fun to mess with.

Per the new TWID

• Moment of Triumphs start Jan 30
  • Also starting Jan 30 - there will be things called "Riven's Wishes" which will be "new weekly pursuits" that when completed allow you to choose a reward from a select pool. Will run for 6 straight weeks
  • Also on that day - the Glimmer cap is, finally, being raised. It will now be 500K
  • Sometime before Final Shape releases you will be able to change the face customization of your character(s). No cost and no limit on how many times. Only thing you can't change is the characters origin (Human, Exo, Awoken)
  • In March the Synthweave bounty cap will be reset
  • Festival of Lost armor for this year will be either Good Wizard or Bad Wizard (there will be a vote)

Legend Starcrossed is always an adventure but all the catalysts are done (and I got the secret cat)

First attempt and we are cruising along. I get the last constellation and all we have to do is complete the run. That is when one guy borked the jumping section so badly he raged quit. And then the other guy decided that he didn't want to continue with just two so he bailed.

So then on the second attempt - one guy bails right at the beginning after fucking up the order of the symbols. So me and the other dude two manned the rest of it.

Now with all this time to kill, I think I am going to at least dip my toe in the dungeons waters

• Like 1