DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

I know about a few of the bigger Youtubers; Fallout, Datto, Aztec, Rick K, but somehow I didn't know about Byf. His videos are GOATED. Coming into the middle of the story of Destiny, he's helped a lot to help me learn why current events are important. Like I didn't know until today that an anamkara is probably the reason Eris is still alive and that they are actually dragons. It's nice to have a lore guy break things down like Nobbel does for World of Warcraft.

• Like 1

Byf is the best and I actually meant to mention that since he lost his voice recently - other creators are doing the voiceovers

Fallout did 2, Datto did 1

I know Ascendant Nomad is doing one and there is at least one other person too

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Byf is the best and I actually meant to mention that since he lost his voice recently - other creators are doing the voiceovers

Fallout did 2, Datto did 1

I know Ascendant Nomad is doing one and there is at least one other person too

Fallout has only done one so far, at least as far as the recent voice loss goes. Datto and Ebontis did the other two. I know some are hoping for Cross to do one. Its been nice seeing other creators help Byf out. 

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Fallout has only done one so far, at least as far as the recent voice loss goes. Datto and Ebontis did the other two. I know some are hoping for Cross to do one. Its been nice seeing other creators help Byf out. 

I realized what it was - Byf had typed the title of the one Ebontis did so when I first saw it said Fallout (hence why I thought he did 2)

Lore Daddy just tweeted that he is out for at least another week but a ton of folks have offered so we shall see who else shows up

• Like 1

The new exotic quest is part of this week's story mission so there is no avoiding it

Used Fireteam Finder for the first time - took awhile to get into a fireteam since all of them were filling up so quick.

Felt like deja vu from when I was doing the Lightfall Legendary Campaign

Ran a two man team because the third guy dropped as soon as we started and the fireteam leader REFUSED to get a third.

Got to the final boss and after banging our heads against the wall for like 20 minutes - the dude just quit

So I will have to try again after dinner

• Like 1

I started the quest late last night solo just to get a feel for it. I suspect I can finish it solo, but I also don't know if I want to dedicate that kind of time to it. Will try to finish it today be it solo or using a fireteam.

11 hours ago, Shadow said:

I managed to do the exotic bow quest solo. I really like the bow. It’s nice to have the control of when you want to lay out the trap and it does really nice damage. Can’t wait to see what the catalyst will add to it.

Since its a craftable with extra perks to eventually add it will probably just add some extra stats (less draw time?). 

Fireteam Finder is great, but it kind of sucks for dungeons if you aren’t using a mic. I tried it with Warlord’s Ruin this morning and the part when you’re imprisoned is frustrating without mics. We all just quit after about 20 minutes of trying to do the clockwise/counter clockwise puzzle lol

Edited by Casey

Did Starcrossed via Fireteam Finder since I didn't want to take long soloing and hadn't actually tried it yet until today. Dug the story of the mission though its surprisingly on the easier side compared what we got with Seraph Shield last year. I do like the Garden space and story/lore. The egg thief culprit wasn;t what I was hoping for, but I dug the reveal with what they have been building this season.

Tried Wish Keeper out on the EDZ for a bit. I like it so far. Feels like a solid PvE weapon though its strength will definitely come from supporting a fireteam. Still its pretty strong with the Strand mods on the artifact this season.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Fireteam Finder is great, but it kind of sucks for dungeons if you aren’t using a mic. I tried it with Warlord’s Ruin this morning and the part when you’re imprisoned is frustrating without mics. We all just quit after about 20 minutes of trying to do the clockwise/counter clockwise puzzle lol

I've done most of the dungeons without a mic. They are only half level raids in terms of mechanics. They intend for non-raid players to go through those. That said I did wonder how people were going to work out that moment in Warlord's Ruin w/o a mic. I saw how much that moment annoyed, bewildered, and somehow endeared streamers even more to the dungeon.

I dug the story bits from this week a decent bit.

Spoiler

Mara having to get held back from cutting a bitch by Osiris was not expected but so damn amusing. It was nice to see Riven drop the mask a bit finally and admit the truth straight up including that she was always anti-Witness as what they want is the antithesis of what Ahamkara do. It makes sense since if I recall correctly even the Witness wanted the Ahamkara wiped out. The revelation of only one making it through the opening was surprising. Sadly someone at Bungie fucked up and

Spoiler

revealed it will be Crow who walks through to eventually open the path. 

Also not sure if its the why he ends in Final Shape, but Cross read the lore on one of the seasonal sparrows. And Riven did apparently trick Crow into making a wish about a certain exo he murdered.

Do you guys have any advice on how to get into Trials? I have never tried it but I feel I am a lot better at PvP now. I will probably try doing some competitive this weekend to see if I’m actually better or if I’m being carried by SBMM.

The issue is (and I’m basing this on the constant chatter from PvP streamers) is that Trials is just a wasteland of cheaters now (especially since Bungie gutted the security division)

Your best bet is to use the in game finder and run with a group.

Finally made it through all the story stuff - took me a bit to get through Coil pathways and I kept either getting put with groups that had just finished or paired with people who didn't want to wait to destroy pots

Figured it was one of two people who would be the "chosen one" and assumed it wasn't the Guardian

On 12/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, Shadow said:

Do you guys have any advice on how to get into Trials? I have never tried it but I feel I am a lot better at PvP now. I will probably try doing some competitive this weekend to see if I’m actually better or if I’m being carried by SBMM.

You can try it pretty easily as a solo but it won't be easy or likely to work out well unless you are good and/or lucky. The lack of the flawless pool means your opponents are far more random. One game might be relatively easy and then the next you are up against high level sweatlords who rarely leave PvP. RIPPA probably has the right idea if using in game fireteam finder. At the very least it increases your chances of finding more chill players who won't flake out when shit goes badly.

On 12/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, RIPPA said:

The issue is (and I’m basing this on the constant chatter from PvP streamers) is that Trials is just a wasteland of cheaters now (especially since Bungie gutted the security division)

As far as cheaters goes it seems to be the normal amount and as always is far more of an issue for PC players than console players.

Edited by Eivion

I’m gonna run through it again because it’s not that hard, but Parasitic Pilgrimage was bugged when I got to the last bit of the mission where you place the worm at the ritual site. I was fucking furious. Unless I did something wrong, but I don’t think I did. I saw people saying they couldn’t pick it up after it was done to hand him over to Mara, but I couldn’t even sit him down to START the ritual.

Edited by Casey