DVDVR Message Board

Impact+ "Emergence" - 8/12/22

Solid night of matches tonight all the way through. Great to see VXT capture the knockouts tags so quickly, but surprised it got bumped to the preshow and was pretty short. Both have been on fire. 

Speedball/Evans delivered the goods. Finish felt weirdly rushed as Evans' spider german looked killer at first. I hope Jack sticks around for more in the X Division. Bandido/Horus was awesome as expected.

Back to back fun chaotic hardcore matches with Sami/Maclin and the 8 man tag. Enjoyed the ongoing story of Sami/Maclin throughout the show. 

Love that Masha is finally ready to come for the title, that should be epic. Speaking of epic, Alexander/Shelley delivered as such, as expected. Great stuff from both.

full Emergence results:

Spoiler

PRESHOW:

*Brian Myers(c) def. Bhupinder Gujjar (7:33) via rollup with tights pulled to retain the Impact Digital Media Championship.

*VXT (Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green) def. Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie(c) (w/ JessicKa) (8:03) when Chelsea pinned Rosemary after a double suplex following Rosemary accidentally misting Taya, to WIN the knockouts tag team championships.

Impact+ Emergence - August 12, 2022 from Chicago, IL

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Jack Evans (12:33) after Ultima Weapon to retain the X Division Championship.

*Sami Callihan vs. Steve Maclin never got started as they brawled around ringside, wiped out the referee, and fought through the crowd to the back.

*Violent by Design (Eric Young & Deaner w/ Joe Doering) def. Chris Sabin & Kushida (13:07) when Young pinned Sabin with the Piledriver after Doering interfered while Deaner distracted the ref.

*Kenny King came to the ring and called out Heath. Callihan & Maclin came brawling back through the crowd which distracted King, allowing Heath to come in and lay him out. Gia Miller interviewed Heath in the crowd afterwards.

*Bandido def. Rey Horus (12:59) with the 21 Plex 

*Backstage, Gia Miller interviewed Moose, who insisted that he and Steve Maclin have no alliance or friendship. Callihan and Maclin brawled in to the set so Moose and Maclin double teamed Callihan out to ringside until security broke it up. Scott D'Amore came out and announced the scheduled Callihan/Maclin match would take place now under No DQ rules with Moose banned from ringside..

*Sami Callihan def. Steve Maclin (11:24) in a no DQ match after the Piledriver with Maclin's hands tied behind his back.

*(The Final Battle) Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, PCO, & Vincent) (w/ Maria Kanellis) def. Bullet Club (Ace Austin, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, Chris Bey, & Hikuleo) (15:59) in a no DQ match when Taven & Bennett pinned Gallows after the Climax onto a trash can. As a result, Honor No More do not disband and earn a tag team title shot. 

*Jordynne Grace(c) def. Mia Yim (13:41) with the Grace Driver to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Masha Slamovich came out to confront Jordynne and handed her the death warrant envelope as her next challenge.

*Josh Alexander(c) def. Alex Shelley (27:34) after the C4 Spike to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 2

That Bandido/Rey Horus match was great!  I don't remember a Bandido match where he channelled Doctor Death Steve Williams so much.  The one handed toprope press slam was just showing off.

EDIT:  Steve Maclin blades like a STUD!

EDIT:  Mia Yim vs Jordynne Grace was really good.

EDIT:  Josh Alexander vs Alex Shelley was good.  Too many nearfalls, but that's quibbling.

• Like 2

I dug Shelley-Alexander as expected. I feel like they need to tween Alexander and make him a bit more of a give-no-fucks-beast. Not a complaint, but I much prefer Alex Shelley in combo with Sabin. And I only really like Sabin in combo with Shelley. Tho, curious to see how this Kushida sonofagun fits in. I gotta see this Bandido-Rey Horus bout. @DEANWhere would this fucking incredible Bandido-lad fit on a DVDVR500 if such a list were created in 2022?