DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

REMINDER - No mid-show commentary.  It's a DVDVR rule. 

5 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Also, random thought: am I misremembering or did Ethan Page refer to himself as "All Ego" and/or use it in his entrance video? If so, why?

I mean, it's okay for a heel to have a nickname that's an insult, like "No Class" Bobby Bass. But Bobby Bass didn't refer to himself as "No Class". That would make no sense. So why would Ethan Page actively use a nickname that says he's full of himself but can't back it up?

I think modern wrestlers tend to not really think things through (in terms of their characters or how they construct their matches ). And I guess there aren’t people to tell them things don’t make sense anymore.

How someone like Tony Khan wouldn’t be like, “You’re all ego, so you have no substance...?” is a little baffling.

• Like 1

He's had the All Ego gimmick for years and years. He showed up in Impact as All Ego Ethan Page* and was made a disciple of Matt Sydal, who was doing this Yoga hippy 'abandon the self' gimmick and it made no sense at all.

Still better than his whole "played by Julian" deal, though.

* They did the We Know Who That Is, but I didn't know who he was, at the time.

Page was also really funny during his brief run as Chandler Park in Impact.

"Here at Park, Park, and Park we know that a good lawyer knows the law, but a better lawyer knows the judge!"

Edited by Brian Fowler