DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I ran the new dungeon last night with a couple of friends and really enjoyed it. Seemed easier than any of the other dungeons so far. We figured everything out without a guide and didn’t wipe in either of the boss encounters.

The only time we really went on tilt and I thought we might give up was during the sparrow section in the middle. That was brutal, as it combined my two least favorite things in video games: driving and timers.

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

The only time we really went on tilt and I thought we might give up was during the sparrow section in the middle. That was brutal, as it combined my two least favorite things in video games: driving and timers.

Yeah - my quick trips around the internet seems to agree with this, that that was the section that held people up the most

13 hours ago, EVA said:

I ran the new dungeon last night with a couple of friends and really enjoyed it. Seemed easier than any of the other dungeons so far. We figured everything out without a guide and didn’t wipe in either of the boss encounters.

Yeah, the Scourge of the Past raid has a sparrow section that everyone hates.

Oh, Jesus Fuck.. I knew about the glaive, but are those Halo skins on the guns in the trailer?

MUST.... RESIST...... TEMPTATION... TO....... REINSTALL~!!

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Oh, Jesus Fuck.. I knew about the glaive, but are those Halo skins on the guns in the trailer?

MUST.... RESIST...... TEMPTATION... TO....... REINSTALL~!!

Yeah - the Halo guns are already here. They are part of the 30th anniversary

Fallout becomes legit emotional when it gets dropped in the 30th anniversary trailer (granted he got his start on the Halo competitive scene so it makes sense)

It's the Magnum handgun, brah.  I grew up with that shit..   Damn..  Listen to that familiar click when he chambers a round.

The game that Fallout is spacing on is probably Halo: ODST.  It looks like Helljumper Ranger armor.

Fuck this game.  I hate everything in the entire world except for my kid right now.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I know what will exactly happen if you decided to play over Xmas

You will load up, have to play like 4 different required introductory missions and be in a rage before even stepping foot back in the Tower.

As much as I kind of want to JT come back that feels pretty accurate.

I haven't been playing much yet so I haven't gotten my Forerunner. Hoping to pick it up today. Still kind of deciding on when I will get anything beyond the free shit. I did get the legendary trace rifle last night so that will be fun using today.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I know what will exactly happen if you decided to play over Xmas

You will load up, have to play like 4 different required introductory missions and be in a rage before even stepping foot back in the Tower.

Yeah.  I thought about that and have decided to save myself from myself.  I also would've punched a hole through my television set the first time I saw Crow.

The time to come back would be now so that I can get my hands on the Halo guns, but I cannot because I know I will hate myself as soon as I see Crow.

Playing through Witch Queen without my Spartan arsenal will just make me feel bad, and I have no idea how much time is left for me to get up to speed to the point where I would be able to acquire the Spartan guns.

Edited by J.T.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

The time to come back would be now so that I can get my hands on the Halo guns, but I cannot because I know I will hate myself as soon as I see Crow.

Playing through Witch Queen without my Spartan arsenal will just make me feel bad, and I have no idea how much time is left for me to get up to speed to the point where I would be able to acquire the Spartan guns.

Literally you would have to do one story mission (possibly two) and one of them would be the new free 6 man activity where 85% of the Halo weapons are coming from. (The rest come from the new Dungeon that you also get Gally from).

I am assuming the weapons that are coming from the activity will be added to the world pool at the end of the season but they also could vault fucking everything.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming the weapons that are coming from the activity will be added to the world pool at the end of the season but they also could vault fucking everything.

Not sure they will vault or add any of those weapons to the world pool for at least year. 

On 12/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, Eivion said:

Wicthqueen is in late February so you still have 3 months.

Three months seems like a lot of time but it's really not, especially given the exercise schedule I've got to deal with after the first of the year.  

It will also take probably a billion hours to install all of that crap and I can probably kiss progress on my Pile of Shame goodbye.  I've got GoTG and Xuan Yuan 7 on deck after I finish GreedFall.

Seeing Uldren / Crow still alive will send me into fits of rage and then there's all of the back lore I won't unlock.  I will probably stay retired and save myself from having to buy another television set after I smash this one following the first hour of gaming.

Edited by J.T.

If you wanna example of why Destiny is planning on overhauling Trials again (well just powers in PvP in general) - just watch the final round in this match Aztec played (I mean even the title of the video is bragging about the strategy)

No one moving because each team has a super and the other team just letting them take a free tiebreak cap.

Also always deeply entertaining to me when streamers complain about the other team being too sweaty

Lots of good advice in that chatter like don't be intimidated by Titan barriers and not peeking until your super is up.  

So. the Forerunner sidearm has become the best scout rifle in the game.  Bungie could not balance weapon archetypes if their lives depended on it.

Edited by J.T.

Forerunner is actually a Sidearm... that acts closer to a scout

Dead Man's Tale (the DMT referenced in the video) is still the best scout rifle in the game. That was the Exotic from doing the Pressage mission a few seasons ago. And this AFTER they already nerfed it once.

The Halo weapon that is getting the most love at the moment is the BxR-55 Battler which is yes the Battle Rifle (It is a Pulse Rifle in Destiny's world)

The Forerunner is a sidearm that acts as a weird combo hand cannon, scout rifle, and sniper rifle. It oddly feels nice to use in PvE. I couldn't work it in PvP, but I'm also not a flying wizard.

I still think that DMT nerf was unnecessary, but I also don't do Crucible more than I have to.