DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

All year I have been shaking my head and laughing at Yahoo's silly Power Rankings. Here are our league's ranking, in red I wrote where they are in the standings:

zvxdFCv.jpg

The team they have in 11th not only is in 2nd place, but has won six in a row and has the third highest point total in the league. It just shows how "off" the Yahoo projections are.

I think they are just really bad with updating projections. Like for me they have Rob Kelley projected at 9 points and Collins at 5 points. They both have been scoring significantly more than that. I don't take their projections seriously of course but they could at least try.

So if somebody was dumb enough to draft Todd Gurley in the first round, and has to pick one RB, one WR and a flex from the following guys, what would y'all suggest?

RBs: Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Devontae Booker, Rob Kelly

WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry

Asking for a friend.

My wideouts are an interesting mix.  Who should I start??  My starters currently are in bold

• Rishard Matthews
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Randal Cobb
  • Tyler Boyd
  • Eli Rogers 
  • Marvin Jones (game started earlier than I though, wasn't planning on starting him.  Which means he will probably have a monster outing)

The DVDVR FFL League is a dumpster fire. Eight teams are 8-4 or 7-5, top six make the playoffs, one game left. It was the perfect storm of shit this week as every 6-5 team won and every 8-3 team lost. Sadly I have the lowest score of the eight, so its possible that even though I'll be #2 tomorrow that the stars could align and I could end up 7th and miss the playoffs. No 8-5 team has ever missed the playoffs in the league, hopefully I don't set a new record.

On 11/28/2016 at 10:13 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

The DVDVR FFL League is a dumpster fire. Eight teams are 8-4 or 7-5, top six make the playoffs, one game left. It was the perfect storm of shit this week as every 6-5 team won and every 8-3 team lost. Sadly I have the lowest score of the eight, so its possible that even though I'll be #2 tomorrow that the stars could align and I could end up 7th and miss the playoffs. No 8-5 team has ever missed the playoffs in the league, hopefully I don't set a new record.

I'm kind of in the same boat in one league. I have 7 wins, I could finish 3rd....or out of the playoffs.

I'm in a league at work where I have to win the next two weeks to make the playoffs.  Opponent this week is awful, so I'll probably make it through that one.  The final regular season game is against the first place team.  Which is my wife's team.  That's gonna be fun.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:16 AM, elizium said:

I'm kind of in the same boat in one league. I have 7 wins, I could finish 3rd....or out of the playoffs.

In the league I am in 8 teams are vying for 4 playoff spots.  Best record is 8-4, worst record is 7-5.  Overall I am 5th place in my league and 2nd in scoring .  This is going to be a crazy weekend of football.

What the shit is with these week 13 byes? I'm getting fucked over in 3 separate leagues. In one I've lost Marcus Mariota (and Terrelle Pryor), in another Delanie Walker (on top of Jordan Reed to injury. Vance McDonald come on down) and in the third Demarco Murray (I'll just pencil in a loss in that league).

On 11/1/2016 at 8:11 AM, ivpvideos said:

In a strange twist, Ty Montgomery won me the week. 

When he was a late scratch, the only option I had was Jordan Howard. 

Won by eight. 

funny how fantasy works. A last minute need for Jordan howard has led to him being the MVP of my team and straight into the playoffs