DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 718201- KOHEI SATO! DOUBLE HASH!

DEAN

DRIVERETTE 7182014

BEHOLD,  THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SINGLES

##############################GOING

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$STEADY

-------------------------------------

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ PRO WRESTLING WEST MECCA- KAZUKI HASHIMOTO/ DAICHI HASHIMOTO vs KOHEI SATO/ YOSHIKAZU YOKOYAMA- 3/21/2014:  Oh man, this is a few months ago but I love the fact that the building is just a step above a fruit warehouse where Goro Tsurumi would have six mummies wrestle each other.  I'm sure I've seen Yokoyama before but I just can't place it.  Let me go the cagematch.de master database!  Ah he is a Zero-One youngster whose matches I hatefully ignore whenever I see them uploaded to Dailymotion.  So this will be the first time he has been in a match I am actually interested in.  The lucky motherfucker.  The audio is strange on this one.  It sounds like they miked the snack bar.  Yokoyama has hilarious hair- like he would be on Jerry Springer as a male dancer in 1987- or maybe the third member of the New Breed.  It is a righteous mullet and I commend his ability to truly not give a shit about how he looks.  Sato and K-Hash shakes hands for whatever reason.  Yokoyama and Daichi Hashimoto start out the proceedings and- oh awesome!- there is no clean break because this ain't Sunday school.   Yokoyama is a Zero-One guy so he will definitely lay it in, so this is shaping up well.  Sato tags in to do goofball comedy spots with K-Hash- as this isn't a Sato/Ishikawa  taq match, I am less enraged and tend to pass it off as a reaction to wrestling in a building that looks more like it should be housing a gun and knife show.  Sato, being my favorite current wrestler, decides to reward my patience by immediately just beating the fuck out of Kazuki Hashimoto.  Yokoyama tags in and K-Hash Single Leg Takedowns to transition and D-Hash tags in and we get back to the assbeating.  I'm really digging the be-mulleted youngster.  He's big, he'll lay it in and his hair reminds me of guys who were in my homeroom in high school in the 80's.  Yokoyama will lay it in but you don't really realize what "stiff" means in a pro wrestling context until Sato tags in and just start fucking smashing the face of Daichi Hashimoto.  I mean gatdamn, it's gotta suck to wrestle Sato.   Yokoyama tags in and D-Hash must be relieved to taking the perfectly fine elbows landing on him.  Sato tags in again and makes with the half-crab- I'm guessing to allow the searing pain of D-Hash's chest and back to recede to a managable level.   Daichi makes the ropes and the tag and we get the Kanemoto face scrape section that is definitely becoming more annoying as we watch it every match.  Sato responds with a 90s chokeslam and tags in the guy with the quintessental new wave hairstyle.  Okay, so maybe Sato and Yokoyama is an awesome tag team- the Sato Inversion Falcon Arrow to set up the truly beautious Yokoyama Toprope Elbow is pretty fucking spectacular.   Yokoyama has a finisher!  I'm guessing it is the Death Valley Bomb- but Kazuki Hashimoto wiggles free and fucking destroys Yokoyama with a 7/3rds legit lariat to escape the ring and tag Daichi Hashimoto- who is all about kicking Yokoyama in the throat and then launching a beautiful Dangerous Backdrop to procure that submission the Undertaker always does that take UT 5 minutes to apply.   They keep double teaming Yokoyama- with D-Hash doing his Ode to Mochizuki At the Super J Cup rope-running spin kick- which is becoming as annoying as K-Hash's Ode To Koji Kanemoto face-scraping spot.   Daichi hits a good approximation of his father's DDT and we can only assume at some point Daichi will start his rise to the top after unleashing his dad's Brainbuster.    Daichi hits two even nastier Hashimoto DDTs and gets the win.  Man, this match will not change your life or anything, but it is plenty of fun.  Postmatch, the Sato/K-Hash love affair continutes.  

TOMORROW:  Is Saturday.  But I'll probably write something anyway.

• Like 1

So what is the Falcon Arrow count now? I know we are in the double digits.

Yeah, I've burned out a couple things in a short period of time.  I assumed that Falcon Arrows died in 1998 and that all these 2014 Falcon Arrows were anomalies.  But I was mistaken.  I still don't understand how the move still flourishes.

Pretty sure Fandango uses the Falcon Arrow as the setup move for his top rope leg drop.

Always liked Sato. I'm still a rank amateur in terms of knowing much Puro, but I remember buying the 2003 Fire Festival on VHS and loving the Sato/Kuroda match, so he's a guy I always keep an eye open for.