DVDVR Message Board

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

• 2 weeks later...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its finished. Broke the gentlemans code.

I can just about see why the EU abortion stuff was taken out. Reading about it was enough to make bite my knuckles.

Still cant understand why the alien probing was taken out though. That looked fucking hilarious.

Might have to have another run as

a jew called douchebag

• 4 weeks later...

I'm avoiding the rest of the thread lest I be spoiled, but I got this game when it first came out, played it a little and liked it but didn't like it, if you know what I mean. Back then, the lure of GTA was strong, and I wound up playing it more.

Lately, GTA's been boring, so I picked this back up and was hoping to like it more. As a fan, the in-jokes make me smile, but I still can't get into this game at all. I can play for about an hour, tops. Good games leave you screaming "HOLY SHIT, IT'S 7 A.M. ALREADY?" This isn't that kind of game. About an hour with it, and I'm ready to play something else.

I think it's the turn-based combat. I try to run away from as many of the little elf kids and wild animals as possibe because I just don't wanna do the combat. it just seems so repetitive. The in-jokes totally make everything - this was a game created for the show's fans, of course. If this weren't a South Park game, people would be saying "the hell?" The way the map and the Timmy's pick-ups locations aren't really integrated well bothers me, too. 

I'm gonna keep playing it, I just reckon it'll take me a while to slog through.

• 1 month later...

Finally played (and finished in two days) this game. Real, real fun game, in contrast to the above post, first game in ages that I wanted to actually keep on playing, even after my old man bedtime of 10.30pm.

• 6 months later...

First playthrough I went with Cartman. Kenny's rat summoning power is my favorite thing of the game.

Yeah that was pretty awesome I like Butters' Professor Chaos more but I think Kenny and Butters are the reason I will probably go with Cartman.

Oh.... prepare to laugh your ass off

Yeah it was awesome! Then I did the Mr. Hankey stuff plus two Jimbo game hunts. The stuff at the unplanned parenthood I could see why it got censored in other countries. I stop playing before going to Canada/Lost Forest I guess you do the dragonshout to get the rats out of the way?

Beat the game tonight just need 1 kindergartens to find, 2 homeless camps, 10 chinpokemon and equipment before I got everything in the game.

How many friends are possible I think I have 82?

I know 6 kindergartens and the mayor I need beyond that not sure who is left.

There are also those friends in the forest.

There are 121 friends in total.

12 of which can be found using something in stans room...

If we're thinking of the same 12 friends, I don't think you need anything from Stan's room. 

The Woodland Critters, right? Don't you just stumble across them in the forest?

hail sabins right, brian.

if you use the blood orgy paper on the floor it gives you directions. use them in the forest.

sabin, 2 you might have missed.

go into cartmans room with cartman in your team. press everything.

also - you'll get the chinpokomon corp friend you once you get all 30.

hail sabins right, brian.

if you use the blood orgy paper on the floor it gives you directions. use them in the forest.

sabin, 2 you might have missed.

go into cartmans room with cartman in your team. press everything.

also - you'll get the chinpokomon corp friend you once you get all 30.

I missed the one in Cartman's room since Butters was always my buddy.