DVDVR Message Board

Banging the head that does not bang

Curt McGirt

Here's a Linkin Park deep cut: QWERTY was written on a plane trip to Japan but didn't get put on Minutes to Midnight because it didn't fit on that album. It was only put out on a LPU fan compilation. It finally gets a worldwide release on the Papercuts singles compilation, out today.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 5:10 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, no. 

I'm sure they had so many giggles putting "World Eater" next to Kittie

I kinda feel that even if its not to my taste you have to recognize hair metal and nu metal if you are trying to be all encompassing 

The 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Songs Of All Time -- a real one -- does NOT include nu metal. I'd be hard pressed to include any hair metal aside from "Live Wire" by Motley Crue or something from WASP possibly. 100 is not a high number of songs, and there is no room for horse shit. 

• Like 1

Nice, I forgot about that, gonna have to listen to it again. 

Goregrind has made up a huge chunk of my listening for about a year by now. All the Dead Infection and Regurgitate reissues, and awesome new bands like Pharmacist, Sick Sinus Syndrome, Miasmatic Necrosis, Hemorrhoid, Vomi Noir... 

Posted (edited)

Hey, here's the missing cover from that comp! It's Nasum doing "Tools of the Trade". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krthZP_Yn9Q&pp=ygUYbmFzdW0gdG9vbHMgb2YgdGhlIHRyYWRl

Also, here's that Type O grind covers comp if anyone's interested. https://783punx.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-blast-no-1-blastbeat-tribute-to-type-o-negative My antipathy to Steele's band is enormous (Carnivore far less so, but they still draw my ire some) but this looks interestingly bizarre. Hellbastard are pretty legendary; the only other bands I've heard of are Assur and Plague Bearer. The very concept of a grind band playing a seven minute song is pretty fucking out-there. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

There are so few people that are into Synth/Shredwave around here, but you guys should check out Terror Syndrome or Alienpyre on Spotify. I have been thoroughly entertained by these bands. If stuff that sounds like the 80's still rocks your boat, then this is for you! I know it's for me!