DVDVR Message Board

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill (04/13/2024) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Max is winning the fight and says with 10 seconds left to exchange in the pocket with Justin only to put him out face first out cold with one second left. Max Holloway is the fucking best.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

You know 15 years ago when it was rumored that Fedor's team wanted UFC to built a stadium? Shit, they got the money. Build a new stadium in Hawaii. Max Holloway vs. the World. Let's go motherfucker.

• Like 1

I was concerned for Max Holloway moving up to Lightweight to fight the heaviest hotter in the division, Justin Gaethje. Holloway dominated Gaethje and was KTFO face first out cold with 1 second left. Incredible.

I am not usually one to trash commentary, but I had to cringe a bit when the commentators said that Max's turn side kick is a newly-acquired skill. I don't think that's true. He threw that kick well in some of his earliest fights in the UFC (I think he threw at least one in a losing effort against Dennis Bermudez).

I only bring this up because I can remember thinking at the start of Holloway's career - even if he had some early losses against Bermudez, McGregor, and Poirier at 145 - that he was so good at such a young age that he had the potential to be something very special. For sure a champion.

To see him grow up in the game and accomplish everything he has, with the style and fighting spirit he has, has been really cool as a fight fan. MMA fans are lucky to have a fighter like him. Also, I just checked Wikipedia - he's still only 32. 

And yeah that was insane.

Just now, Teflon Turtle said:

I am not usually one to trash commentary,

Oh I will. Rogan's been talking some wacky shit all night. Moreso than usual.

I was concerned for Justin Gaethje as he was out cold a while. Gave me Dan Henderson/Michael Bisping, Valentina Shevchenko/Jessica Eye and Michael Chandler/Tony Ferguson vibes.

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Oh I will. Rogan's been talking some wacky shit all night. Moreso than usual.

"MAX IS HURT!" as Max is moving around the cage as clear eyed as one can be. 

Imagine having the two rounds that Yan Xionan had to start this fight, and then have that round three. Crazy fight.

Just now, jaedmc said:

Imagine having the two rounds that Yan Xionan had to start this fight, and then have that round three. Crazy fight.

Yep especially the rear naked choke as R1 ended.

Can't believe that went all 5 after the end of the first, incredible fight.  Following Max's all timer moment.  300 has definitely delivered up to the hype and expectations 

• Like 1

Like this is the same card where Jalin Turner thought he knocked out Moicano and lost. The same show where Jiri walked through punches to get wild on Rakic.

Do Bronx losing to Arman feels like a million years ago at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Give Max Holloway $600K.

Done. Fight of the Night and Performance of the Night. Well deserved.

FON: Holloway vs. Gaethje.

PON: Jiri and Holloway.

Pereira should have a PON waiving off Herb Dean and knocking Hill out straight after.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Pereira should have a PON waiving off Herb Dean and knocking Hill out straight after.

Yeah, not sure what else Pereira could've done to win POTN. 😂

• Like 1