DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2024

It's 2024, so it's new thread time.  

Marvel is bringing back GIANT~  SIZE~~ BOOKS~~~

First up!   Miles Morales vs. Venom in Giant Size Spider-Man #1 !

On 1/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, odessasteps said:

Hopefully, it means Giant Size Man Thing returns.

I feel like that should have a content warning orxat least a Brazzers banner on it

James

On 1/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, odessasteps said:

Hopefully, it means Giant Size Man Thing returns.

I keep an extremely beat up copy of Giant Sized Man Thing #4 on the wall in my home office, no bag and board or anything, just because it never stops being funny to me.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:33 PM, Kang said:

Good job I rang my LCS to check Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was on my pull list as it wasn't even though I asked him to with the book's announcement. It's the most I've looked forward to a comic book in years.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:33 PM, Kang said:

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

Good job I rang my LCS to check Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was on my pull list as it wasn't even though I asked him to with the book's announcement. It's the most I've looked forward to a comic book in years.

Feels so good to read a great Spider-Man comic in Ultimate Spider-Man #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto. First I've felt that way since Nick Spencer's The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) because Zeb Wells current TASM (Vol. 6) run fucking sucks.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Feels so good to read a great Spider-Man comic in Ultimate Spider-Man #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto. First I've felt that way since Nick Spencer's The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) because Zeb Wells current TASM (Vol. 6) run fucking sucks.

Just keep in mind things are inverted on Earth 6160. 

Got around to reading Ultimate Spider-man #1 and Rise of the Powers of X #1 today and man, what a great one two punch. 

The Ultimate Universe revival and the Gillen/Ewing parts of the X-books especially have been so good. Really not sure how the post-Krakoa age is going to have a hope of living up to this stuff. 

Also, I don't know why it always shocks me how good Hickman is at getting me in the emotions because his big runs all have it, but he's such a big ideas guy that it's easy to forget how good he is at the character stuff. Given the setup and the fact that it's the Hickman book, seems like USM will be where the main threads of the new universe are propelled, but it's an interesting enough start that I'm real curious about the other books as well, especially the Momoko X-Men.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 4:52 PM, The Natural said:

My local comic book shop announced today that it's closing permanently this March after 10 years. I was the first or one of the first customers there. It was great to have one 15 minutes away from where I live. It's the first time I read comic book series in real time: Superior Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Batman to name a few. I'll either have to go to one further away I've never been keen on or order online when you run the risk of shit not getting here. Timing couldn't be worse with what I said about Ultimate Spider-Man #1. Least new comic book day falls in my birthday this month, the 6th of March. Gutted it's going.

• Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...