DVDVR Message Board

POLL PREP- 8/6- 8/12/2022- OH HELL YEAH!

DEAN

AJ Styles vs The Miz- RAW

Dolph Ziggler vs Chad Gable- RAW

Bobby Lashley vs Ciampa- RAW

Dana Brooke/Tamina vs Iyo Sky/ Dakota Kai- RAW

Rey Mysterio vs Finn Balor- RAW

Angelo Dawkins vs Seth Rollins- RAW

Edris Enofé/ Malik Blade vs Pretty Deadly- NXT

Apollo Crews vs Roderick Strong- NXT

Emi Sakura/Serena Deeb/Leva Bates vs Hikaru Shida/ Ruby Soho/ Athena- AEW DARK

Anthony Henry vs Orange Cassidy- AEW DARK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I know that WWE has gotten better but to me it's a very hard choice between Claudio-Lard Lad and Mox-Lionheart.

Yeah, HHH WWE is all about higher quality matches but it can't win match to match against high end AEW matches.  It's a good time to be a wrestling fan.

• Like 2

Maybe its because I'm not a regular AEW watcher or blood only adds so much for me, but so far I don't really enjoy high end AEW matches more than I do WWE. As bloody as Jericho/Mox was I found something like Roman/Riddle from a couple of months back better by a decent degree. Andrade/Rush vs. Lucha Bros wasn't as good as Mysterios vs. Usos from last week to me either. Darby/Brody was the best from Dynamite for me but was brought down a bit by the HOB/Sting interruption which killed flow for me as things more or less halted for it. Also seemed kind of weird and dumb to make Lee look bad by needing HOB after he had made Darby his bitch in their previous match.

Right now Stark/Cora is surprisingly winning the week for me though to be fair I did miss Claudio/Takeshita. I'd search for it on the net, but I'm lazy and suspect Bryan/Garcia will win it for me anyways.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Right now Stark/Cora is surprisingly winning the week for me though to be fair I did miss Claudio/Takeshita. I'd search for it on the net, but I'm lazy and suspect Bryan/Garcia will win it for me anyways.

Stark/Cora was fucking great.

• Like 2

I'm trying to process Konosuke Takeshita's success in giant main events.  I guess it's like Kenny Omega first showing up in New Japan after doing a majority of of his career in ROH and DDT.  He didn't really wrestle New Japan style but his athleticism and charisma got him over to a larger audience.  I mean, Takeshita has wrestled in front of more people in ten AEW matches than he has in his last 100 DDT matches.  I guess it's like Omega adapting to New Japan's style. I think that his two best matches were against WWE expatriots, Moxley and Claudio.  But then you have the great match against Hangman, who has a vastly different idea of psychology than guys who came out of the WWE system.  It will be interesting going forward to see how Takeshita develops because he can't work the DDT style in AEW.  It would be like Jamie Hayter and Toni Storm working Stardom style.  He has really adapted well to US pro style, in slowing down and working to his big spots.  I'm guessing Konosuke Takeshita/Bryan Danielson will be a good little match to show how far he has come.

• Like 4

I guess since WWE Main Event is on Hulu it counts as free TV.  THUS I am adding:

T-Bar vs Mustafa Ali- WWE Main Event

Video when WWE gets around to noticing. Jesus Christ, T-Bar isn't afraid to land directly on his neck.