DVDVR Message Board

SUB-POLL- 7/9-7/15/2022- WHAT WAS THE OTHER PROMOTIONS MATCH OF THE WEEK!

DEAN

WHAT WAS OTHER PROMOTIONS MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE OTHER PROMOTIONS MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Fidel Bravo vs Shane Haste- Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
    • Steve Maclin vs James Storm- IMPACT!
    • Chelsea Green vs Mickie James- IMPACT!
    • Homicide vs VSK- NWA USA
    • Bullet Club vs Honor No More- IMPACT!

I'm a go with Chelsea Green vs Mickie James.  THEY MAKE OUT!  And then they beat the hell out of each other.  It's a Russ Meyer movie!

• Like 1

I think maybe what your research is uncovering here might be that time is a limited resource and even people who love wrestling don't generally have time to watch everything.

I have a friend who keeps telling me that Impact is genuinely good now, for example. I have sincerely enjoyed the few GCW shows I have watched, for another example. I have friends who work for Pro Wrestling NOAH. 

But I barely have time to keep up with AEW. I can't even watch every YouTube match every week. And now it's G1 season! 

I'm sure I am not the only one whose wrestle-watching time budget is stretched pretty thin.

And, to be clear, "there is too much really good wrestling and I can't watch it all" is a wonderful, delightful problem to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:24 AM, DEAN said:

I'm a go with Chelsea Green vs Mickie James.  THEY MAKE OUT!  And then they beat the hell out of each other.  It's a Russ Meyer movie!

Well that's definitely one way to sell me on a match.  But given how great they are I'm sure that's the best one.  Just wish I had time to actually watch Impact.

• Like 2