DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/17/22

*Taped for Before the Impact: Eddie Edwards def. Big Kon (formerly Konnor of the Ascension) (8:25) after two Boston Knee Parties

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 17, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale, FL

*Scott D'Amore hosted an in-ring contract signing for Moose vs. W. Morrissey at No Surrender. Moose came out and signed the contract with Morrissey not there due to Moose's attack last week. Moose went to leave but Morrissey arrived for a fight on the stage. Morrissey ended up giving Moose a chokeslam off the stage through a table and then signed the contract. 

*Masha Slamovich def. Kiah Dream (0:42) after the Russian Death Device in a squash.

*Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) def. Blake Christian & Laredo Kid (12:54) after the Fold on Blake

*Gisele Shaw def. Lady Frost (4:38) with a 2nd rope corkscrew splash

*Chris Sabin (w/ Eddie Edwards, Rich Swann, & Rhino) def. Kenny King (w/ Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis, PCO, & Vincent) (8:31) with a rollup. After the match, Maria cut a promo warning that at No Surrender, they are a unit and a family, asking if Impact can say the same. 

*Savannah Evans & Tasha Steelz def. Mickie James & Chelsea Green (13:12) when Tasha pinned Mickie with the Blackout crucifix bomb

*Bullet Club (Jay White, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa) def. Violent by Design (Eric Young, Deaner, & Joe Doering) (14:50) when White pinned Deaner after top rope splashes from Tama & Tanga. After the match, The Good Brothers came down to stare down the Bullet Club.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Lots of good stuff this episode.

Masha Slamovich is next level. Burning Hammer! first move in. Awesome. Gisele Shaw came off like a total star from her entrance/presentation on, great to see and she delivered in-ring in a really fun short match. Really dig her theme music as well. Loved Deonna in her brief backstage interview. Tasha Steelz continues to shine every week, looked excellent here. Pretty sure she's not winning the title yet but I'd be down for it, she's had an amazing progression the last few years and become one of my top favorites.

I think the Impact vs. Honor No More swerve is going to be Maclin not doing the obvious turn back. There's been a really subtle bit throughout this where Eddie Edwards has never actually hit any of the Honor No More guys in all the brawls/confrontations, just chases them away. Really don't wanna see it but I'm wondering if Eddie might be the one to turn instead. Hopefully not though, I'd prefer he stay face. Maclin proving himself and staying face, I can get behind though if they at least go that route. 

Solid six man main event. Bullet Club looked good. No Surrender looks to be a really good card overall, looking forward to several of the matches. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Lots of good stuff this episode.

Masha Slamovich is next level. Burning Hammer! first move in. Awesome. Gisele Shaw came off like a total star from her entrance/presentation on, great to see and she delivered in-ring in a really fun short match. Loved Deonna in her brief backstage interview. Tasha Steelz continues to shine every week, looked excellent here. Pretty sure she's not winning the title yet but I'd be down for it, she's had an amazing progression the last few years and become one of my top favorites.

I think the Impact vs. Honor No More swerve is going to be Maclin not doing the obvious turn back. There's been a really subtle bit throughout this where Eddie Edwards has never actually hit any of the Honor No More guys in all the brawls/confrontations, just chases them away. Really don't wanna see it but I'm wondering if Eddie might be the one to turn instead. Hopefully not though, I'd prefer he stay face. Maclin proving himself and staying face, I can get behind though if they at least go that route. 

Solid six man main event. Bullet Club looked good. No Surrender looks to be a really good card overall, looking forward to several of the matches. 

So with Josh Alexander (temporarily?) not in IMPACT! the best wrestler in IMPACT! is.... Kenny King?  I had forgotten how good he is.  Maybe Sabin is the best.  That match was good.  Lady Frost and Gisele Shaw are already kicking out of each other's finishers.  Keep feuding, you two!  Maclin beating on Gresham could be because Maclin feels he is more IMPACT! and Gresham is ROH.  Jay White and GOD versus Violent By Design was fun because you can tell that Young, Doering and Deaner are just tickled to be in the ring with such awesome talent.  Jay White is a superstar.  I actually broke down and watched a stinking 3 way because Laredo Kid was on my TV.  Blake Christian looks awesome.  They need to have him feud with Mike Bailey in a Social Dance High Spot Overload!  

• Like 4

Masha looked awesome last night. The 3 way was nuts and didn't overstay it's welcome. I kept thinking about why Mike Bailey looks off to me and it's because he looks like a villain in an 80s movie that's the BF of the woman the protagonist likes and a guy like that isn't a babyface in my mind.

You can tell the BC guys are having fun whenever they're in Impact for some reason and it makes everything better.

• Like 3