DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Katsuhiko Nakajima to leave NOAH in October. Nakajima’s last match at Korakuen Hall for NOAH will have him team with Go Shiozaki and Masa Kitamiya against Masaaki Mochizuki, Manabu Soya, and Daiki Inaba October 20. His last match in the company overall on October 28 will have him team with Go Shiozaki against Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/japan/katsuhiko-nakajima-to-leave-noah-in-october

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

People online think he is western wrestling world bound. 

I think he would be better off in NJPW, his trainers are former NJPW guys, Riki Choshu, Kensuke Sasaki and Masa Saito. More kicky types should be in NJPW to cleanse off remaining Tanahashi style. 

Nakajima-gun

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The GHC Hardcore Openweight title is coming back. It has been inactive since 2009. I remember reading about the GHC Hardcore Openweight title being retired in the defunct Noah section of Puroresufans, anyway I'm glad that board is dead.

So Ninja Mack vs mystery guy for the belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot of info from Director Takeda

https://proresu-today.com/archives/229307/

Post Muto they decided on that they don't want to do too many big matches

They didn't know Nakajima wanted to leave until contract renewing and he gave no real reasons why

Notable to me is the dojo system could be toned down in the future

They strongly prefer amateur wrestlers

Jake Lee is on 1 year contract. 

They want contracted and dojo trained women instead of freelancers, for the GHC Women's title

Going foward they will mostly focus on themselves. I'm not sure if they will drop the NJPW/NOAH crossovers.  

There is more info in the link but I'm not jotnoting it all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Octopus said:

@Kang replaces them!! Long live KANG!!!!!

I really have to get caught up on my NOAH. Favorite NOAH matches of the year so far? 

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Great Muta.

The last two Mutoh matches from the Dome this year. For sentimental reasons.

Maybe Kento vs Nakajima.

Honestly I preferred the years of 2020 to 2021. Bit of 2022. 

Edited by Kang
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

@Kang replaces them!! Long live KANG!!!!!

I really have to get caught up on my NOAH. Favorite NOAH matches of the year so far? 

Kento vs Nakajima by far. I did really enjoy Kaito's matches against Kenoh and Okada earlier on in the year. Marufuji vs Ospreay probably rounds out my favourites list.

Very disappointed in Jake Lee's run, not that its been bad, I just had really high hopes for it.

Nice to know submission finishes can still work in NOAH main events. Not very Royal Road type of finishes but old NJPW 90's. 

Kenoh was trained by Jinsei Shinzaki and Kenoh is a Michinoku Pro trueborn.

Manabu Soya was trained by Seiji Sakaguchi, Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu, Osamu Nishimura and Scott D'Amore. In AJPW in the past, Soya switched to Choshu-ism and later on his neck broke, so his style became tad bit more sports entertainment. 

Aside from Kaito (who himself has went under the Osaka style training and later learned from combat sports dudes and some Muto training) most of the top guys of 2023 don't have the NOAH dojo or trueborn status.

Jake Lee did have some supplemental training under Atsushi Aoki in the AJPW dojo, Atsushi Aoki was a NOAH trueborn.