DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

Liked the different kind of opening promo seg setting up the main event.  Flowed nicely in to Holidead/Aussie as a very solid opener.

Good debut from Katarina Jinx. The new character vignette intros are always cool and well done. Kandi Krush looked awesome, dug the new added finisher to her arsenal. 

Coach vs BK was fun. Just missing Robbie with the Brat Pack. Interesting twist seemed to be about to start with Ariel Sky in the post match.

Good fast paced quick main event. Another great week of Miami Sweet Heat on commentary. Love the ending post-match chaos, The Mother Truckers are out of jail! We're outta time!

• Like 2

Nice switch up with the Tonga Twins promo open and leading to the tag match. Aussie/Holidead was pretty good. Liked that it played with the previous bad blood between them. Nice rebound win for Aussie. Definitely looking forward to the Tormenta/Aussie/Penelope match.

The Katarina Jinx promo was the campy fun I expect from WOW. More of that, please. Jinx looked good against Krush who appears more confident and comfortable already this season. Dug the transition into the finisher.

Coach/BK was another good match. Love that BK is back as our favorite irritant and she makes a nice team with Gigi if we have to lose Robbie. Ariel being on the phone while Coach gets her ass kicked was lol 

Nice to see Sweet Heat return to the booth for the main. Main was short but lots of action in that amount of time. Enjoyed the ending brawl with the surprise arrival of the Mother Truckers, who I assumed wouldn't be back based on Holly J's recent WWE try out.

• Like 1

Liked that we started with the contract signing. I'm digging WOW shifting from their usual format. The Beast had a nice win over Chainsaw. 

Good match between Tiki and GI Jane. Always good to see Tiki take a win.

Definitely digging Ice Cold's new look and interesting friction between her and Exile. Guess Levi is no longer World's greatest distraction lol Nice double team stuff from Exile. Guessing Americana and Jessie are headed to splitsville lol 

Tormenta coming out with the mariachi band was awesome. lol The main was great and so happy for Aussie

• Like 1

Also digging the format switch up with the contract signing opening. the Beast with a solid squash return victory and post-match promo.

I like both Tiki and GI Jane so that was enjoyable, quick out of nowhere win for Tiki.

I had forgotten about Distractor Levi since it's been quite a while but this tag match was interesting with a hilarious finishing stretch cluster. I'm a fan of all four/five, so glad to see them back in the mix. Americana aggressively trying to stop Jessie from cheating, Jessie not reacting to it, the ref being more concerned with stopping Americana from getting in to do it, Exodus accidentally kicking Genesis so Jessie almost still won anyway. All classic. I loved Ice Cold looking proud of being the one that caused the victory for her team. Genesis is always stand out awesome.

Main event had a nice big match feel even if it did feel a little rushed together. I think I would've rather had Aussie win the title in her last shot straight up rather than losing that and then winning it here without actually pinning Penelope but still a cool moment for her. And for Tormenta, she should've kept the momentum from the excellent Florez match rather than the upset loss to Chella after but I loved her special title match entrance here. Nice chaos with Penelope and Lana still stealing/escaping with the title. Surprised to see Penelope lose it here at the start of the new season after dominating last season as I figured she'd hold onto it until The Beast came back for it. Looking forward to next week with Miami Sweet Heat getting their rematch with the Tongas. 

• Like 1

Stephy/Jen Z vs Reina/Wrecking Ball was perfectly fine wrestling. That inverted piledriver Wrecking Ball to Stephy looked killer.

The Chainsaw backstage tantrum was interesting as it looks like her sister may be losing some power. And poor Foxxy lol

Nice promo for Rebel Haze. Smart to have her debut against Holidead who is always solid and cool to hear Fury on commentary too. I could see her and Fury as potential partners. As much as AJ is missed, trading her for increased talk time for the roster is a win.

McLane and Lana remain my favorite pair of frienemies. Glad that they didn’t drag out the Lana steals the belt thing. And I’m digging the increase in backstage promos.

Hope we get more of the Team Spirit/Brat Pack feud. There was some decent stuff in this match and I really liked the back flip neckbreaker by Ariel.

Main Event was getting good before it dissolved into chaos (no pun intended lol) Looking like a four corners tag match is in our future.

• Like 1

Poor Stephy and Jennifer got smashed in the opener. Great babyface team though. Chainsaw absolutely killing Foxxy through the wall was wild.

Liked the presentation of Rebel Haze and a solid debut performance from her against Holidead. Jagged Little Pill is a great signature move name. Still have me missing Razor with Fury being solo now.

Love the Brat Pack but still miss Robbie Rocket, especially since it was pointed out that the Brat Pack were only two which I guess confirms she's gone. Great tag against Team Spirit that got a little more time than usual.

Very good main event as usual from the Tongas and Miami Sweet Heat. Dug the finish to keep everyone strong. Loved Lindsey catching the Tonga dive into a guillotine choke that ruled. Miami Sweet Heat are my fav team overall, so good.

My first thought when I heard Delilah Doom was joining WOW was wondering how it took this long, but very much looking forward to it. Next week we get her debut as GLORIA GLITTER! and she's getting thrown right in the top mix against Kandi Krush.

• Like 1

Chella/Gambino was a good opener, two of the best. Adriana has looked great since being back.

Kandi/Gloria was awesome and got a good amount of time. Was surprised at first that Gloria was heel but she did it well. Thought the match could've gone either way after Gloria hit the Pulse Check but glad to see Kandi victorious. Hope it's not heading for a Kandi heel turn though based on the later backstage seg with Aussie. 

Mother Truckers basically dominated Las Bandidas until the DQ, but a nice setup for a rematch.

Really good main event for Penelope's title rematch, if a bit overshadowed by waiting for the Beast to come out. Glad they finally settled that even if the fab 5 were pretty much always assumed to be behind the attack. Liked the mention of "if this goes the TV time, we'll have to take it to Youtube!" Great looking finishing sequence for Aussie to retain.

Edited by DreamBroken

Another night of Jennifer Florez (and Stephy some too) getting crushed again, this time by Chainsaw. Dug the Chainsaw/Holidead face off after.

Team Exile look great as always. Shocked to see Jessie and Americana actually get the win, but of course their inability to get along continues anyway.

Coach/Gigi was real solid. Sad for Randi Rah Rah to have vanished but look forward to who Coach finds as the new member replacement.

Good build for Beast/McCoy main eventing next week.

Main event tag was an awesome Tornado brawl. Great presumable feud blowoff and win for the Tongas. Finish was an absolutely killer double bump for Miami Sweet Heat, looked epic.

Reina/Wrecking Ball vs The Tongas should be a fun one for sure.

Great first win for Gloria Glitter in a nice little match against Keta Rush. 

the Mother Truckers win their revenge on Las Bandidas 

I'm glad the main event turned in to an awesome fight/brawl rather than Beast just squashing Vickie Lynn. This had a great build and was more an effective angle to further their feud, love the ending in chaos. 

• Like 1

Decent match from Adriana and Stephy. Liked the arm work from Gambino and the Nikkita Lyons shout out.

Shocked to see the Brat Pack lose out to the makeshift team of Tiki and Chantilly. I won’t complain as a fan of all four but the Brats just seemed to have a bit of tag momentum lately.

The new women seem to be good fits so far and Goldie Collins is yet another example. Cute promo and nice presentation on a gimmick that I initially wasn’t sure would translate. Kandi Krush remains the trial for the newbies lol

Dug the Tiki package as if I didn’t think she was adorable enough already.

No surprise that Tormena/Aussie was going good up until the end. Love all of the post match antics and drama.

• Like 2

Really good card here with all the matches getting some decent time. 

Adriana continues to shine with her third straight win, liked her post-match mic work as well.  Tag match was fun.

Loving these Kandi Krush showcase matches lately. Goldie looked good, dug the spinebuster catch of Kandi's diving punch, great spot.

Sad to see if The Disciplinarian isn't back for this season, looks like she's been replaced in next week's graphic by the debuting Class Master. 

Great main event from Aussie and Tormenta and an exciting closing. Feel like the commentary's stood out as doing a great job lately along with of course Lauren being my personal fav ring announcer.

• Like 2

Aussie /Tormenta was a really great match.  Sets a really high bar for future WOW main events.

I love how Sophia Lopez toes the line between baby face and heel manager.  One minute she's all nice and smiling and shaking hands with the fans and the next she's distracting the ref and sliding a gimmick to her wrestler. 

I like the ref's judgement call in choosing not to address issue of the briefcase in the ring since it wasn't in the hands of either wrestler, and instead prioritizing the action in the ring and making the three count after the finisher.  If you don't see it, you don't call it.  Sometimes works in favor of the heel and sometimes not.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

The opening "McClane's Office" backstage skit was amusing and a fun setup to the main event.

Nice, sudden and super decisive win for the Tonga Twins, debuting the Double Vision finish against Classmaster & GI Jane.

Another excellent finish from Coach Campinelli against Katarina Jinx, awesome counter catch coming off the ropes. 

I like babyface Fury a lot and always thought she had good potential. Very solid match with Holidead, they match up well. Loved Fury going singles being compared to famous rockers leaving their bands for solo careers. Nice setup for Holidead/Chainsaw which I had forgot was brewing but definitely wanna see. 

I look forward to seeing more of Coach's talent search. 

Great main event! Miami Sweet Heat are always killer with the best double teams. Both teams looked great here. Sylvia took some killer bumps. I love the Fab Jab finish. Vicki & Penelope were hilarious on commentary as a bonus. More post-match chaos was very well done and effective, good stuff all around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Catching up on last week's WOW first,

Nice bigtime opener with a title match makes for a good showcase for the champ. I liked commentary actually bothering to explain why Gloria Glitter was getting a title shot in only her 3rd match in, great attention to detail. Glitter has been a highlight in all her matches thus far.

Adriana Gambino continues to look good in her ongoing win streak.

Loved seeing Ice Cold in single action, thought she looked excellent and had some unique awesome moves before the rather weak finish. Jessie Jones post match promo was interesting. And then we get backstage post-match dissension from both sides, sad to see in the case of Ice Cold/Genesis/Exodus while the Jessie/Americana/LEVI saga is more amusing. 

Main event was awesome with the Beast finally getting her ultimate revenge on Vicki Lynn. Both took some big bumps and the match got a ton of time for a WOW match going almost 10 minutes, great blowoff match.

-

Now onto this week's show,

Chainsaw vs Stephy Slays started with a nice change to the formula before ending in the usual way for Stephy. 

Love the big tag win for Team Spirit. Coach always looks great, kills it in the ring and on the mic. 

Another great Kandi Krush gatekeeper showcase against the new talent. Always enjoy these matches. 

Main event tag title match was badass as expected. Kinda thought it'd be a no contest type for this first meeting but I'm glad it had a legit outcome. Tonga Twins finish on Reina looked killer.

• Like 1

Solid opening tag, the Brat Pack is always fun. 

Gloria Glitter vs Chantilly Chella was a great style match, both shined with their moves and looked awesome.

Similarly loved Keta Rush vs Exodus, sweet finish for the rare draw outcome here. Like Ice Cold 2 weeks ago, I loved seeing Exodus getting a chance to show out in singles action when she's usually in tags.

Next week's Championship Challenge looks epic. 

Great main event with fantastic heeling from Miamis Sweet Heat before the Mother Truckers babyface triumph. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed Aussie's reign but Abeline should be a fun heel champ. She was a highlight when she was initially in WOW. Just wish the show hadn't ruined her return by showing her during the "next week" segment. Plus, her winning the title creates tons of new drama.

• Like 1

What a shocker! I figured there was no way Aussie was losing so soon in her reign, but a huge welcome back for Abilene Maverick! Never expected that, she was hitting a stride just before she retired in 2019 so it's great to have her back. A surprise return and even more surprising title win just like that. The show-long hype for the Championship Challenge delivered, that was fun. Surprised next week is going straight to Abilene vs Beast and not Aussie, but should be interesting where they go from here.

Elsewhere on the show, Genesis looked awesome in victory as the Jessie/Americana drama saga takes another turn. I hope the Exile trio stick together.  Good to see Jen Florez finally back on the winning side against the Classmaster. 

Another great win for Adriana Gambino. Thought she would've been a good alternate choice for the Championship Challenge considering she had been calling for a shot. Rebel Haze has a great look, solid match. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Fun opener from Exodus vs Kandi Krush. Kandi is one of my favs and I'm loving Exodus getting some more shine lately.

Miami Sweet Heat are the best, great heel tag work and loved the post-match promo. They are fantastic at being super over the top.

Welcome back Amber O'Neal! A nice twist in the Jessie Jones/Americana saga.  Good squash win from Aussie to bounce back from the title loss.

We're getting a WOW Trios Cup Tournament! That should be a blast, looking forward to the trios coming together.

I liked that they got straight to Abilene's first defense one week in with no wasted time. Beast made sense as challenger and to finally get her 1 on 1 shot. Great match while it lasted for as short it was. I'm down for Beast vs. Tormenta as a feud.

Another win for Adriana Gambino and a very solid match from Coach Campanelli over Goldie

Last Call vs the debuting Mighty Mights was a super fun extended squash. The Mighty Mights had some great hope spots before the Last Call brutal looking finish. 

Main event was a quick and decisive win for the Tonga Twins to retain. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last Wednesday night, the CW aired a 1 hour Entertainment Tonight special on WOW, a cool little behind the scenes look at things.

Onto the latest episode, welcome back Santana Garrett! Nice opening promo segment setting it all up and the tag team main event. 

Gloria Glitter with a total squash of Stephy Slays. Felt like they could have a pretty fun longer match together.  Holidead/Chainsaw also very short, but a fun clash of their characters.

Kandi Krush vs Genesis was good between two of my favs, stayed fast paced all the way through. Both have great selling and facial expressions. Genesis is an awesome heel. 

BK & Gigi need a third for the trios tournament, wish they could bring back Robbie the Rocket to complete the original Brat Pack. 

Main event ruled. Americana & Santana look great together as the new All American Girls.  Nice finish to continue the feud/angle and ending chaos. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed the start of the show with Amber/Jessie running down and then attacking Americana only to have Santana come out for the save. Lots of continuity shout outs, which I enjoyed. Nice to see Santana back too.

Was also surprised at how easily Gloria beat Stephy but I figured we were gonna get a squash since it came right on the heels of the opener and WOW doesn't do too many matches that get interrupted by a commercial break. lol 

Nice to see a heel vs heel in Holidead vs Chainsaw. Nice win for Holidead too.

The main was great and the ending made sense. This feud NEEDS to continue. 

• Like 1

Nice start with the Fabulous Four promo. Really made me want to see Penelope beat up Abilene. lol We then segue into the Tormenta/Fury match which was short as expected, since it followed that promo and then Fury's, but really nice for what we got. And enjoyed The Beast coming out for some revenge.

Really fun stuff between Miami Sweet Heat and The Mighty Mites. Nice heeling from Sweet Heat after the match too. 

The Mother Truckers rapping is what makes WOW WOW lol That needs to be their new theme song. Enjoyed their match against the Brat Pack. 

The main was pretty good. Short but good. Penelope deserves a rematch lol 

• Like 1

Opening promo was good, Penelope did excellent there in setting up the main.  Fury looked good in singles against Tormenta while Tormenta/Beast heats up.

Miami Sweet Heat killing it in the ring, on the mic, and on commentary all in one episode again. The Mighty Mights are a fun underdog team and perfect against the epic heels that is Miami Sweet Heat.

Mother Truckers/Brat Pack was solid, fast paced, finish came out of nowhere.

Main event was pretty good for a 4 minute heel vs heel match. Both looked good and I bought Penelope's diamond dust as a possible finish. Abilene's reign has been enjoyable and entertaining already so far.

• Like 1