DVDVR Message Board

Humble Books Bundle

Liam

Cait Kiernan's collection for one. Though I would get the dead tree version because it's something that you will treasure for years. The Tim Powers novelette would be most cool and didn't I see a Ted Chiang novella on the list? Ted is story for story the very best SF writer today. He doesn't write much, he's even slower and more meticulous than I am, but the results are worth the process.

• Like 1

You don't know George Saunders? He's basically the heir to Kurt Vonnegut. "CivilWarLand in Bad Decline" is probably a good place to start, though I think that "The Semplica Girl Diaries" is possibly the best short story I've read from this decade. He also won a World Fantasy Award for "CommComm." Links to those last two:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/10/15/the-semplica-girl-diaries

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/08/01/commcomm

One of those odd blank spots. Puzzling as I make it a point to read all of the World Fantasy nominees, but somehow I've just missed out on Saunders. Found a couple of collections (signed firsts) for what seemed quite reasonable prices, so ordered and on the way... Thanks for the links, I'm always jazzed to catch up on an author that I should be familiar with.

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks bundle is the complete Bloom County, currently going for about $8.50.  For another $5 you can get the complete run of Outland and Opus as well.

Bloom County is right up there with Calvin & Hobbes for me, so I am super-duper geeked for this.