DVDVR Message Board

Comics We May Have Missed

supremebve

This thread is inspired by Comixology putting Marvel 1602 on sale for 99 cents per issue. It is written by Neil Gaiman, who is always interesting and has a unique old-timey but modern looking art style. As soon as I read the concept I was interested but somehow before today I had never heard of it.  I was wondering if there are any other titles like this, that are kind of the album cuts from our favorite writers and artists, that are under the radar and may have been missed by on and off comic book readers like myself.

anything by Kurt Busiek.

his standout stuff is Marvels and Astro City, and both are absolutely fantastic. He wrote a mini called Kirby: Genesis last year that did a lot of world building and introduced a ton of Jack Kirby's creations into their own universe that was pretty decent.

also, Alan Moore's Miracleman isn't as well known or well regarded as Watchmen but absolutely should be. Unfortunately, it's not collected anywhere, so the only place to find it is by either buying all the individual issues (which gets expensive quick) and downloading them.

• Like 1

anything by Kurt Busiek.

his standout stuff is Marvels and Astro City, and both are absolutely fantastic. He wrote a mini called Kirby: Genesis last year that did a lot of world building and introduced a ton of Jack Kirby's creations into their own universe that was pretty decent.

also, Alan Moore's Miracleman isn't as well known or well regarded as Watchmen but absolutely should be. Unfortunately, it's not collected anywhere, so the only place to find it is by either buying all the individual issues (which gets expensive quick) and downloading them.

There's stil some hope that Marvel will collect them eventually.