DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MIKE SEGURA

RIPPA

Only and Ed will care since you fuckers hate lucha but I always dig minis who moved into the regular division and guys who worked a big batch of IWRG

I dislike the various ways we misspelled his name over the year.

Tom and Phil reviewed the Cerebro match over at Segunda Caida

IWRG 11/8/09

Dr. Cerbero v. Mickie Segura- Cabellero contra Cabellero

TKG:This starts all out with Dr Cerebro really dominating first two fall. He just comes out and tries to wreck Segura. This is a big moves match but isn't a modern lucha back and forward big moves match. Cerebro absolutely dominates the first fall and is a beast until Segura's comeback in the second. Segura also is especially nasty with all his stuff. Post second fall he lays Cerebro's head across bottom rope and blasts it with a headbutt. You get a real sense in this of two guys trying to finish the other off. Problem in many current hair matches is the sense that neither guy wrestles it differently until third fall or that their really isn't anything on the line. Both guys here are trying to win this and treat it like it matters from go. The third fall starts really great and epic but falls apart as a result of way too much second interference overbooking. When Segura wins it almost was a letdown since I was still waiting for the Francine/Beulah cat fight.

PAS: I had a really complicated relationship with this match, I didn't love the first falls as it felt too speedy to me, I wanted them to slow down, do less and have it mean more. By the third fall though, they started really smashing each other with big cool moves and having dramatic awesome nearfalls. Segura hits a sick death valley driver, Cerebro lands a reverse backcracker which looks like it fractured Segura's jaw. If the match ended like this, the start made a lot more sense, and I regretted my earlier dislike of it. However then we get the ECW run in finish, which went way too long, and felt like the lights needed to go out a couple of times "OH MY GOD IT'S CICLON RAMIEREZ HE DOESN'T WORK HERE" , and my dislike of the first couple of falls felt vindicated. 

• Like 1

Can't be too many guys with that name running around, so I will assume it is the same dude that is also an MMA fighter.

Yeah... no...

And that certainly didn't make the Youtube search any easier

There is also a Mortgage Loan Office with BoA with the same name

When I saw "Mike S" I assumed it was Mike Samples and I was going to see Shadow WX set on fire 

Aww... I did Mike Samples in like the first two weeks of this thing