DVDVR Message Board

British Bootcamp 2

Kay Lee Ray is the least of the final six, but I guess they felt they had to have the one woman in the final. I think the competition is Andrews' to lose now, he's already proven to be more comfortable and natural outside the ring than than the other two and he's the kind of guy who will be great in the X Division.

Of course, the best use of any of them would have been ECIII replacing season one winner Spud as his bodyguard with season two winner Dave Mastiff, but I guess they couldn't wait to sign Brodus Clay.

Can't believe Mastiff was eliminated... hopefully he gets the Blossom Twins developmental deal. Really hoping Rampage takes it all now... if they want a winner who can go straight on TV right away, Mastiff or Rampage were really the only two choices. If they want someone to do what Spud did and sit in OVW for ten months, Kay Lee or Mandrews could do that.

Surprised Dave Mastiff didn't go through to the finals either. I think they still had their doubts about his conditioning and he looked like he 'blew up' during the match, if you noticed, Mastiff had a bright red face. Grado is a good comedy act, but now I think about it, would his character translate over to the US audience?. I'd have to say no, but if he worked a Mikey Whipwreck underdog type gimmick, maybe that would. I'm thinking Rampage will win the contract and Andrews reminds me a bit of Spud (similar size etc.) and I think even he would look small against the X-Division guys. Kay Lee Ray is a dark horse and I wouldn't rule her out of winning. However if you want a ready-made talent who they could plug-in to the current product, it's Rampage Brown. 

By the way, it appears last night's eliminations were filmed after all six possible matches for the finale were filmed (only three of those would be airing, obviously). In other words, it wasn't the 8-person tag that determined who goes through (even though it was portrayed that way on the show), but rather TNA decided who the final three were going to be after seeing all six in singles matches against TNA wrestlers.

It's a shame we'll probably never get to see the Joe/Mastiff and Aries/Dar matches that they taped. Those were the two finale matches I was looking forward to the most.

Just watched the finals matches, all good little TV matches.

I've said it before in this thread but TNA and Challenge TV are on to a gold mine with this format, 3 clipped matches highlighting the good stuff combine that with both Borash and Spud being positive and genuinely excited on commentary it comes off as an excellent show.

If they used this format to build to a euro tour twice a year would surely be profitable for them, especially if they used local built in feuds (a la Grado/Snow).

But then it IS TNA we are talking about so it will no doubt be cancelled after this season.

And the winner is...

Fj0cuNq.jpg

So, my least favorite person of the final six ends up winning the contract. Kind of a sour end to an otherwise very enjoyable show for me. All the final matches were indeed fun little TV matches, as were some of the other matches during the course the show. Anyway, congrats to Andrews. He's a good high-flyer and has some charisma to him but IMO there were several other people on this show who I would've picked over him.

• Like 1

After Mastiff, Andrews is the guy I wanted to win most from the whole show. He's came across as the most relaxed and comfortable since the first audition, and as a fan, he's been involved in some of the best matches I've ever seen live. Andrews vs Sabre Jr and Andrews/Dunne vs the Hunter Bros would both easily make my live top 5, so I'm both delighted he won and a bit sad that I won't be seeing him in working men clubs in Coventry with really low ceilings again.

• Like 1

Of the final 3 Rampage should have won, in my years this side of the pond I've never felt that the UK / Europe could have a promotion of the size of and RoH or TNA but between The last two British Bootcamps, ICW, Progress, WXW etc you could build an excellent super-indy roster of euro workers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...