DVDVR Message Board

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

Yeah, I knew Rosa was a Target exclusive--that's the whole reason I wasn't sure if she was shipping along with Wave 3 or separately. Both the Nintendo fangirls in my circle of friends have been freaking out over the 'idiot troll-buys all the Rosalinas he can' thing and acting super paranoid about availability. Between her, Mega Man and Sonic I expect to be pulled out of bed very early for a Target run...

Somehow we ended up with around ten Amiibos.  Many were simple pickups at a store (Pikachu, Yoshi, Link, etc.)  My wife was hell-bent on finding Greninja and Villager at good prices online, and managed to get them.  She got me Little Mac as an early Valentines gift.  Once her orders come in I might post a picture.  We're collecting these like they're Pop Vinyls.  I guess we should start actually using some of these.

Yeah, I knew Rosa was a Target exclusive--that's the whole reason I wasn't sure if she was shipping along with Wave 3 or separately. Both the Nintendo fangirls in my circle of friends have been freaking out over the 'idiot troll-buys all the Rosalinas he can' thing and acting super paranoid about availability. Between her, Mega Man and Sonic I expect to be pulled out of bed very early for a Target run...

Mega Man and Sonic are later in the month. i wanna say 2/20, but who the hell really knows anyway? it's not like these are on some strict street date. some stores sell them as soon as they get them, some hold some back, and some (like the ones in my town) just plain never get them in.

as of yesterday, my local Target had not received any Rosalinas.

Somehow we ended up with around ten Amiibos. Many were simple pickups at a store (Pikachu, Yoshi, Link, etc.) My wife was hell-bent on finding Greninja and Villager at good prices online, and managed to get them. She got me Little Mac as an early Valentines gift. Once her orders come in I might post a picture. We're collecting these like they're Pop Vinyls. I guess we should start actually using some of these.

Greninja? He doesn't exist yet.

My bad, forgot to mention she's getting Greninja when it's available.  That's the final one she's looking to get and is waiting for pre-order.  After that that's it unless they announce more waves.

Ah, I see.

I am also collecting these for the figures themselves. I've only used like 4 in the actual game.

Same here.  The only ones I want to use that I haven't yet are Little Mac and Bowser.  That's really about it, but I guess I'll use the other ones at some point.  We sort out who's using what and after levelling them up we have them fight each other.  It's fun to watch.

some of them did, and in some stores. 

there's no hard street date on amiibos, so stores are able to sell them as the please. for some, that means as soon as they get them, and for others, it means something else. but it varies store-to-store as well as chain-to-chain, so you never really know.

i guess Rosalina (the target exclusive) is in Sunday's Target ad, and all stores are supposed to have them in stock. i assume that means that more wave 3 figures will be available as well. we'll see.

edit: according to brickseek, the 18 target stores it lists have a combined ZERO rosalinas in stock as of right now. wow.  that is 100 miles in every direction.

If they don't learn by now, they never will.  Can you imagine if they were doing this intentionally?  If somebody from Nintendo was caught making these decisions some serious shit would go down.

Ummmm... I think they are. They've done this before LOTS of times. Most famously with the Wii. We know they had way more consoles available at that time that they wouldn't ship to create an artificial demand.

And for Amiibos, we know there is no shortage in any place except America. In Japan and Europe, their shelves are overflowing with Marth, Villager, Little Mac, Lucario, etc. It's just us stupid Americans who don't get them, because they know it will make us want them more.

also there's that rosalina guy.

tumblr_nhxg09uSlM1qawplno1_500.png

the original article this is from got deleted from the site of origin, but later in the article he claims to have $35k available and no plans for a family, so that's all dedicated to this mission.

btw this is the kind of thing I mean when I say things like "nerd culture is budweiser and shut up"

also there's that rosalina guy.

tumblr_nhxg09uSlM1qawplno1_500.png

the original article this is from got deleted from the site of origin, but later in the article he claims to have $35k available and no plans for a family, so that's all dedicated to this mission.

btw this is the kind of thing I mean when I say things like "nerd culture is budweiser and shut up"

There was never any evidence that guy was telling the truth though. I don't buy it.

We got a Rosalina each, our Target got a mountain of her and of Bowser, four each of the Zelda chars and zero of Sonic, Mega Man, Dedede.

Sonic, Mega Man, DeDeDe, Shulk, Meta Knight, and Ike were pushed back to mid-February. The only wave 3's out right now in the US are Bowser, Sheik, Toon Link, Lucario, and Rosalina.

Also, I'm jealous, you lucky bastard.

Huh. Target electronics guys today were genuinely surprised not to have them.

Ha. I had a Toys R Us guy the other day that didn't know his store had an exclusive on Lucario.

"I've gotten more calls about Lucario than any other Amiibo. I'm not sure why."